Gibson Brands Forums

Can I Get a Second Opinion?

SkEpTiKaL

Hey guys.

Cruisin' the 'bay when I found this:

Link

Probably my favorite guitar and unplayed for less than a new Custom? I'll take it. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this one, but I'm not sure if I should. The guitar pictures looks legitimate to me and I ran the serial, says it was made in Quingdao in 2005. Thing is, he says these are from his "collection," and he has three of them to sell. He could be pawning fakes and only has pictures of one of the legit ones. Should I trust him and FINALLY pull the trigger on my favorite guitar? Or would you recommend I buy a Standard or something new?

It may be legit, but I doubt it. Who buys 3 identical guitars for their personal collection, especially Chinese Epis which won't appreciate in value? There are a lot of fake Customs out there, and my money would be on this being fake. Of course, it might still be a good guitar. But probably not a real Epi.

Keep an eye open' date=' you'll find that same guitar for the same price... It's not like that is a great deal. I would pass on it based on the shady listing.[/quote']

Thanks everyone for good advice. I'm going to go by what you said in this post. It's just that I've been looking for this guitar for a long time and when I saw one unplayed I got excited. I guess I'll wait it out for another one to come along.

He has three different epi LP LE's on ebay, all pretty nice looking but he has 5 of each of two and had 4 of the other for a total of 14 Custom LE's. All sharp looking guitars.. He has sold these models before... No complaints on any of them in his feedback, maybe he cleared out his local GC or something??... but unless he has pics of all of them together I would be carefull

Archived