Gibson Brands Forums

heresy corner.. a gibson...

TWANG

It's nice but not for 5 grand. I wouldn't spend over 2 grand on it. I just think its way overpriced. I guess if I was rich I probably wouldn't think twice about the cost but since I live in the real world I think I'll have to pass. And for that matter, I know that there is nothing like a Gibson but they are way overpriced. I think Gibson is forgetting about making affordable instruments for musicians and is just going after collectors and people with deep pockets. I would really like to know how much profit they make on a guitar. I mean come on, you know its not like they are barely making a profit.

Ahhh..pretty soon 5 grand won't mean so much. The other side of inflation is deflation. I'm already seeing a little of it. The food vendors I deal with at work are telling me dairy is going into the cellar...all that should be dropping sharply at the wholesalers expense. It will be like dominoes.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but here goes anyway:

Twang, it's not Heresy, if it weren't for Gibson, Epiphone probably wouldn't exist except to buy older examples, my hats off to 'em! I mean, there'd be no G400, Les Paul, Dot, Explorer, etc. Heresy you say? I think not.

Ah, I was just being funny, re: heresy.

250 in each finish.. you know it's a collectors guitar. and that gibson is just supporting that end of the market.

it can hardly cost that much to make the dang thing, just because it's specific to a period.

After all, what would that that about the standard model.

Looks nice, though!

And all those CEOs and Wall Street guys need an ego boost lately, they've been having a hard time.

TWANG

Archived