Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone les paul es (limited edition) korean

wully

hi,

i've had one of these guitars since new. i've never played it a great deal, so it's in really good condition. a guy i know slightly seems to have a bit of a thing for the guitar. i think i might sell it to the guy if we can agree a fair price. i haven't seen any for sale, so i don't know what sort of money they go for in the uk.

anyone any ideas??

kevin134

thanks for the reply. yes, sort of.. it's the hollowbody with the block under the bridge only. in sterling that would be: £283-354. i've only seen one advertised on the net (in the u.s., but that was for a laughable $725 = £514). i can't see them selling it at that...

i reckon £300 sounds about fair, if i come to sell

brad

you know the guitar i'm talking about..? i wasn't aware of it being made that recently, but i don't know ... maybe it was..

the receipt shows that i bought it in july 2001.

hope that helps.

you know the guitar i'm talking about..? i wasn't aware of it being made that recently' date=' but i don't know ... maybe it was..

the receipt shows that i bought it in july 2001.

[/quote']

AFAIK it was a one time Limited Edition, and somehow it didn't do too well. 2001 Sounds about right. I reckon a reissue would sell like hotcakes.

my initial posting was a query as to how much these guitars go for. so, i don't have a price written in stone for it, but £300 seems fair from what i can gather, though i've seen that they can go higher...

don't have any pics, i'm afraid... i think there's one somewhere, but i'll have to search for it..

There's one (an Black LP ES Custom) on E-bay UK, starting at 395 (pounds) with a buy it now at 425 pounds. So, that might give

you some idea?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EPIPHONE-BY-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-ES-CUSTOM-SEMI-HOLLOW_W0QQitemZ120388905877QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=iter

As to "worth?" I'd say...Whatever you can get for it! ;>)

CB

mine's very different to that. more standard than custom! wonder if he fancies a swap... lol...

here's a link to one just like mine:http://www.exceptionalguitars.com/inventory/detail?sn=EPEL081071

As to "worth?" I'd say...Whatever you can get for it! ;>)

CB

i was just looking for a rough idea, really. i know 'things' are worth whatever someones prepared to pay for them..

your avatar looks like rory gallagher. having said that, my eyes aren't what they were...

Archived