Gibson Brands Forums

Pedal dumb question

Basically I wasn't paying attention and plugged everything in backwards. Guitar to pedal output and amp to pedal input. Amp was powered on, and pedal connected to 9v adaptor and led was on. When I plugged the wire from the amp into the pedal input, I heard a small pop or crackle before I realized my mistake and pulled out the plug. Just wondering how much risk of damage to pedal, guitar, or amp there was for my bonehead mistake? Everything seems to be ok but just being paranoid that I might have tweaked something that may show up later? Or is there no real risk of damage to any components or pedal circuitry?

I've done that a couple of times.. switching pedals and guitars around and goofed up the cables.

didn't cause any problem at all.

The pop was probably just the amp saying hey dummy.

TWANG

also use a vj. did this just last week. had my compressor in backwards.

I'd say that you didn't cause any problems. Why? 1- The input of a stomp box is a matched impedance to the input of the amp. 2- There is no current flow to speak of in the input, just a bias circuit that centers the average value of the signal from the guitar so that it doesn't clip. The amp input is very similar to the input of the stompbox.

You'd get a pop if you plugged output of the the stompbox into the amp with the footswitch kicked in, also.

I vote for no hurt in the amp input stage.

*sings*

the guitars connected to the

black cord

the black cords connected to the right side

the right sides connected to the

left jack

the left jacks connected to the amp!

c'mon everyone!

the guitars connected to the...

TWANG

Boy' date=' you really are dumb! (just kidding...everybody's done this at least several times!)

[/quote'] But....but..... I've never done it ....:D ..............yet

.... but, yeah, I sure know how to be dumb :D

Archived