Gibson Brands Forums

New gear day :).

Epiman

I promise I will have pics up later today(or later this week if I can't find the camera lol).

About a week ago I traded in some guitars for an epiphone les paul plus in transparent amber finish. Well, I got a really good deal on the trade ins and had the $200 that I had originally put down on it to put it on layaway. Which was amazing because now I had just enough to buy a set of Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickups!

I'm about to get ready and go pick it up from the shop.

I woulda waited till I had pics but I'm just so excited I had to share it here.

I couldn't find the camera so I just used my mac's built in one lolz.

The pics don't do it justice, the finish is soooo pretty in person. And the tone O_o. I'm about to make a recording through my pod. Of course that setup makes any guitar sound good(or bad depending on if you're a tone snob or not =D>). But yeah..

Woot!

Photo182.jpg

Photo183.jpg

Photo180.jpg

I couldn't find the camera so I just used my mac's built in one lolz.

The pics don't do it justice' date=' the finish is soooo pretty in person.

[/quote']

That is an awesome finish. Nice Mac too.:-)

Please elaborate. I never understood why people made a big deal about hiding serial numbers. What could someone possibly do with one of my serial #'s?

Serial numbers are verifiable ID of production !!.

You make fake guitars and place this REAL serial # which shows it is real not a FAKE !!

SO DON"T POST #.

We as LP owners don't dig this slip.

#-o

Anyone could easily make up a serial number. Epiphone serial numbers aren't like Gibsons, where the factory can verify what model it is.

Here's one I made up just now:

EE08120103

There's no way to prove I didn't take it off of a guitar. It translates to Qing Dao, December 2008, number 0103.

One key with serial numbers is to register your guitar with its sn# with Epiphone or whatever company made your guitar. Even if you are not the original owner, you can still submit your info to epiphone.. while if bought used it may not be covered on the warranty, its still registered with that sn#.. if all of a sudden 20 guitars start showing up with the smae sn# it will make it easier to prove them not legit if the sn# got registered.

http://www.epiphone.com/warranty.asp

Anyone could easily make up a serial number. Epiphone serial numbers aren't like Gibsons' date=' where the factory can verify what model it is.

Here's one I made up just now:

EE08120103

There's no way to prove I didn't take it off of a guitar. It translates to Qing Dao, December 2008, number 0103.[/quote']

Not a good answer #-o

Serial # needs to match logged production make, model, color, ETC !!

It's not just a were and when O:)

Not a good answer #-o

Serial # needs to match logged production make' date=' model, color, ETC !!

It's not just a were and when O:)

[/quote']Epiphone doesn't keep track the way Gibson does. If you phone Gibson now and tell them your serial number, they won't be able to tell you what model and finish it has - they may or may not be able to tell you when and where it was made. They'll just confirm whether or not it's an actual Epiphone serial number.

They can tell you what model and finish it is on a Gibson instrument, but not an Epiphone.

Archived