Gibson Brands Forums

Switch washer

matiac

I wanna take mine off, ala, BlueLesPauls axe...I think it looks pretty sharp that way. Are they glued, and if so, are they a bee-otch to remove? Am I gonna wreck my finish doing this? Should I just leave it on? Are Toyotas really built in the states? How does one "corn" beef? I'm fulla questions!

I wanna take mine off' date=' ala, BlueLesPauls axe...I think it looks pretty sharp that way. Are they glued, and if so, are they a bee-otch to remove? [/quote'] Yeah, they're easy to remove .... they are glued on, but the glue comes off the poly easy enough. Just don't use any sharp edged tool to "peel" it up to get it started off... a stiff guitar pick worked fine when I took mine off. Do it - they look good that way (I wouldn't mind the ring if had no words on it - "rhythm" and "treble" is stupid !!!)

I wanna take mine off' date=' ala, BlueLesPauls axe...I think it looks pretty sharp that way. Are they glued, and if so, are they a bee-otch to remove? Am I gonna wreck my finish doing this? Should I just leave it on? Are Toyotas really built in the states? How does one "corn" beef? I'm fulla questions![/quote']

Easy enough to try to take off...if it won't come off with finger nail pressure then may wanna leave it...looks good to me.

Some Toyotas as well as Hondas are indeed made in the USA.

You corn beef by soaking it in a salt and seasoned brane (sp) water for several days in the fridg.

Hope that answered all your questions :-({|=

Capt

Matiac - the dude in your avatar looks like he just discovered someone put

superglue on his strings!!!!

I' date=' too, say leave it! Complimentary color to the blue. BUT, you iz the owner!!![/quote']

Thank you for the quick answers, I'm kinda torn now, and A. Farm, the "dude" is Peter Frampton, and he probably realised his techy put "Brite Wires" on his guitar. As for the washer, hell it'd probably be like the pickguard thing, sometimes it's off, sometimes it's on, but B.LP's axe looks right snazzy like that. Oh yeah, I put the guard back on.:-({|=/

Take it off. I hate those washers. "What, you can't play solos in the "rhythm" position?!"

Heat it with a hairdryer. That will soften the glue and it will peel right off.

If you don't like the look...guess what...you can put it back on!

If you screw it up I'll send you a new one.

As mentioned, a guitar pick is a good tool to use... a credit card or driver's liscense can work well, too. Be patient, that's the key. If you want to be able to put it back on and take it off freely, I reccomend buying a replacement Gibson one. No glue on those, and they look a tiny bit nicer, too. Also, while you're replacing parts, I suggest black pickup mounting rings, switch tip, and washer, if you like the washer. Looks super sexy on the blue pauls.

1002460.jpg

Archived