Gibson Brands Forums

UPS is killing me...

cinealma

I picked up a Dot Studio a couple of weeks ago. This weekend I was planning to do a little "work" on it. Friggin' UPS shows it delivered my Guitar Fetish package last night and left it on the doorstep. Guess what? No box there. I'm 99.9% sure nobody snagged it off my porch. So either they delivered it to the wrong address or they marked it off as delivered but it's still on the truck.

I'm hoping that it will somehow show up on my doorstep today or maybe a neighbor will bring it by. I emailed Guitar Fetish to put a tracer on it.

Sheesh.

I know, I know... =P~ , but still.

John G.

Call UPS if you have the tracking#...... They will know where it's at.......Time is of the essence..

As painful as UPS can be at times, nothing is worse than waiting for a shipment that's procured through US Postal Service Parcel Post....=P~

I ran into something similar with UPS. My phone service provider sent me a modem and UPS said they delivered it to my house. They had actually delivered it to my neighbor who worked a different shift. After 2 weeks go by and a new modem is shipped I saw my neighbor and she asked me if this was my package. I reached back like a pimp and slapped that ho. LOL! Just kidding. What can brown do for you? They can kiss my a$$ after that. Thats what brown can do for me. Make sure that you talk to your neighbors because they said they delivered my package. They did deliver it, it was just to the wrong house. Good luck.

UPS has a "50 yard radius" rule - If the package can be left within

50 yards of the center point of the property, it is considered delivered?

This seems to be a "regional" thing, with different areas of the country

experiencing good/bad service depending on the quality/dependability

of the individual employees. An employee who inherently doesn't give a

S**T isn't going to put on a brown uniform and magically develop a new

attitude.

I've had 15 - 20 different items, from Guitars to Git Cases to tuners delivered

at work and home by UPS and have NOT had one single problem. Even had

a few show up ahead of tracking schedule. BUT, yeah the UPS folks have ALSO

done the DUMP and RUN on ANY package I've had delivered to my home, not

Cool, so any large item gets sent to my work where there is ALWAYS someone threre...

Funny how the Postal service is dumped on but they do a pretty damn good job (yes, I know

they don't do the big stuff). GFS sent my pickups via UPS and it took a week. They sent a

replacement via Priority Mail and it took 3 days (we're talking coast to coast!). Big City Strings

shipped via regular first class mail last Friday afternoon and I got the package on Monday.

Funny how the Postal service is dumped on but they do a pretty damn good job (yes' date=' I know

they don't do the big stuff). GFS sent my pickups via UPS and it took a week. They sent a

replacement via Priority Mail and it took 3 days (we're talking coast to coast!). Big City Strings

shipped via regular first class mail last Friday afternoon and I got the package on Monday.[/quote']

UPS sucks so badly that USPS Priority is like royalty in comparison.

I know the feeling. I ordered a new bridge, pickguard, and a few other things for my Telecaster a while back from GFS. Having ordered a few things from them in the past, I expected them to arrive in a week or so, as everything else I had bought from them had. I was always really impressed with how fast they got the parts to me, even way over here in NZ.

Anyway, two, nearly threee weeks went by, and still no parts. I emailed GFS and they explained that for some unexplicable reason, customs often holds outgoing goods for up to 5 weeks! It was 6 weeks in total before I got the parts. I'd just bought the Telecaster and had played it but once or twice before pulling it apart in anticipation of the new parts, so by the end of it I was well and truly keen to put it back together and see how she went.

I've got a similar kind of itch at the moment too. I've found a G400 SG and case for sale online. The seller is selling it with an amp, but I asked whether he would sell the SG and case separate. He said he would and named his price, which I found very reasonable, so I agreed and asked him to adjust the price of his listing accordingly and add a Buy Now option so I could seal the deal. This was yesterday evening, but he hasn't replied or done those things yet. I know it wasn't that long ago, but I can't help but be concerned that I might miss out on this guitar! I sold my G-310 and the buyers came to pick it up today, so in a way I was kind of hoping that with the old SG gone, and money in hand, I could immediately purchase this new one. Now I have to go to work for a few hours, so I really hope he doesn't add the Buy Now while I'm not home, and somebody else snatches it up!

Funny how the Postal service is dumped on but they do a pretty damn good job (yes' date=' I know

shipped via regular first class mail last Friday afternoon and I got the package on Monday.[/quote']

Last year I shipped a guitar from Phoenix to Sacramento via the USPS, and it took almost 4 weeks to be delivered. When I went to the local PO to inquire as to the where abouts of the package, the girl laughed and told me "if it went through LA, it could be awhile". And it was.

Another one, 10 days ago I ordered 2 books from a couple of venders. One in New York and the second in England. I paid about the same amount for shipping from both. I recieved the package from England yesterday (Friday), while I'm still waiting for my shipment from NY. To be fair, they were both shipped through their respective postal services and the book I received was delivered from the USPS. Go figure

I had the same problem' date=' when I ordered my Strat from MF. I will NEVER order anything in the mail again. I ended up having to go to the warehouse, to pick it up, because every time I called they kept telling me that it had already been delivered.'](*,)

I had that same problem when I ordered my 8 track through S.A. via FedEx. 4 days past the delivery date, after several phonecalls, I had to drive 50 miles to the nearest (at the time) to me warehouse to pick it up. What-a-hassle!!!

Great news! The package showed up on my doorstep. Now, I don't know if it was the UPS guy or a neighbor, but whoever it was did me right. So, very happy and getting ready to mod up my DS a bit.

I appreciate all your guys' support. This forum rocks!

John G.

Great news! The package showed up on my doorstep. Now' date=' I don't know if it was the UPS guy or a neighbor, but whoever it was did me right. So, very happy and getting ready to mod up my DS a bit. I appreciate all your guys' support. This forum rocks! John G. [/quote']

Awesome news, enjoy the new...whatever it was you ordered form GFS!

Archived