Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone ever seen a Gibson 355 copy?

clarkuss

I think this is the only one I've ever seen! Wow! The 355 is definitely in my top 10 of all time for obvious reasons but doesn't seem to have had much popularity in the homage department. This one was made by Ibanez for Antoria in the 70s: Currently going for £385 on ebay.co.uk

b7f8_1.JPG

ba41_1.JPG

I think this is the only one I've ever seen! Wow! The 355 is definitely in my top 10 of all time for obvious reasons but doesn't seem to have had much popularity in the homage department. This one was made by Ibanez for Antoria in the 70s: Currently going for £385 on ebay.co.uk

Nice!!! Ibanez also made a killer L5S copy around that time:

la2399.jpg

That's a nice looking guitar and well worth the asking price. Some confusion here though. Ibanez didn't make guitars for Antoria they were just made in the same factory, same production line in Japan and branded accordingly. If I remember correctly Summerfield imported Ibanez guitars into the UK and FC&N imported Antoria. The earliest models of both types featured identical headstocks to a Gibson (the so called "law suit" models) but had to be changed after Gibson took action to stop them doing so. I have an absolutely brilliant Antoria ES175 model from 1974 which is far better than the current Epiphone re-issue. I'd be glad to share a picture or two with you if only I could suss out how to post a picture.

b7f8_1.JPG

ba41_1.JPG

:-

b7f8_1.JPG

ba41_1.JPG

Hi clarkuss,

I bought this and it is a beauty!! vinnie

Archived