Gibson Brands Forums

wo ist meine guitar??

I want my new guitar,

It's my birthday at the end of the week, I ordered my ultra 2 last week, but due to the bank holiday, delivery will take longer.

I know I bought it my self, but it is kind of a birtday present - as I have no friends and no body loves me!

The money seems to have left the account, so it should be on it's way. Come on couriers, driver faster- oh and carefully.

Oh and yes peter, who lives near Thomanns, I probably did get the german wrong!

I probably did get the german wrong!

...but you were very close. The German word for guitar is "Die Gitarre."

So you used the correct version of the possessive pronoun (meine).

Hence the correct phrase would be: Wo ist meine Gitarre?

Is this right, Peter?

Anyway - I hope your Epi turns up soon(!)

Peter,

My English is not much better than my German, so I would not try to learn to much. Most people in England do not speak correct English, there are so many different variety's depending on where you live, (it effects the way people write and pronounce words) - but you probably know that being an intelligent man. I guess its the same every where, but I wouldnt expect the way people talk would change so much in a short distance/small geographic area.

10 miles North of me they speak/sound Scotish- use scotish terminology- (not Galick), some even claim they are Scotish - and they used to/probably still do have a bit of a dislike for the English, despite the fact they are English. and most intelligent Scotish people have no problem with the English.

10 plus, miles South of me they have the East End london sound, but they do not talk Cockney slang(infact I'm not sure any one talks like that now. Yet london er's living anywhere but London tend to go on about how great it is, well move back then - only joking.

East and west London sound completey different - West being quite well spoken usually " I supose some aiming for Queens English" for clarity in Buisness Transactions. East London tends to be Gritty - Cockny/ Gangster film type. "Dodgy deals and all that, rubby murry- curry and gezzer you looking at my bird!"

Any way with computer message terms and txt messages - It's all a bit of a muddle.

Language is a strange thing, So is the weather here - bring on climate change - this intermitant stage is a pain in the *** - hot/cold/windy/rainy- all in one day

Any way better go and do some work

Peter' date='

My English is not much better than my German, so I would not try to learn to much. Most people in England do not speak correct English, there are so many different variety's depending on where you live, (it effects the way people write and pronounce words) - but you probably know that being an intelligent man. I guess its the same every where, but I wouldnt expect the way people talk would change so much in a short distance/small geographic area.

10 miles North of me they speak/sound Scotish- use scotish terminology- (not Galick), some even claim they are Scotish - and they used to/probably still do have a bit of a dislike for the English, despite the fact they are English. and most intelligent Scotish people have no problem with the English.

10 plus, miles South of me they have the East End london sound, but they do not talk Cockney slang(infact I'm not sure any one talks like that now. Yet london er's living anywhere but London tend to go on about how great it is, well move back then - only joking.

East and west London sound completey different - West being quite well spoken usually " I supose some aiming for Queens English" for clarity in Buisness Transactions. East London tends to be Gritty - Cockny/ Gangster film type. "Dodgy deals and all that, rubby murry- curry and gezzer you looking at my bird!"

Any way with computer message terms and txt messages - It's all a bit of a muddle.

Language is a strange thing, So is the weather here - bring on climate change - this intermitant stage is a pain in the *** - hot/cold/windy/rainy- all in one day

Any way better go and do some work

[/quote']

London and scottish accents within a 20 mile radius? In the midlands!? Not sure about that.

well as90

If you look on your map, the midlands - not birmingham (northant's)

corby- home of the steel works - miniture Glasgow- (home to a major majority of migrant Jocks) Oh I must be wrong - My grandad was one. 10 miles from where I now live. The vast majority of the offsprings, offspring. That's my generation still claim to be Scotish even if thier perants were not. I do not think drinking Iron bru or whisky makes you Scotish. Even if you do go to the Rangers club or Celtic. (oh and I wouldnt recommend going there for a holiday,well not certain parts anyway.)

Wellingborough/Rushden - also ten miles away from me- Most the people I've worked with who live there come from london, thats the generation before me, My best man and my brothers father in law inc.

That not to mention Bedford and Luton even perhaps Northampton (which are a bit futher away). Most people in our geographical area can tell which local town you come from by the way you talk.

Are you sure your from Great Britain?

Any way I think were all becoming American over here- I dont think its a bad thing- well other than going to court to win money if some one sneezes near you.-

Ironically,

I think an attempt to deliver said guitar today was made, about 2hrs afterI left, a further 2 hours and I came back again. I have requested redelivery tommorow - so will stay in- Hope it hasn't been bashed around, in the couriers van, by the time it get here. Hope to change the avtar tommorrow. Hopefully not for a horror picture.

I have had a bad history with couriers.

Archived