Gibson Brands Forums

Disney channel and Epi's

jagg11

Why is it that on half the disney channel shows or videos that the guitars have no name on them but you can clearly see they are either Gibsons, Epi's or Washburns? No I am not addicted to Disney or the Jonas Brothers, But I have A 9 year old daughter so I get stuck watching the shows.

But Epi does have some kind of deal with Disney, hence the pirates guitar and a few others and in the music videos they are clearly marked epi just usualy not in the shows, and certain shows, for instance I believe in Hannah Montanna you can see billy's guitars in the backgroound have logos

But if Disney (or whomever) ends the deal with Epiphone/Gobson sometime down the line, but the shows are still running in syndication, then Disney is still advertising the brand for free.

As far as the other musicians, you can see the logos, but can you read them? Already knowing what the guitar is doesnt count :D They probably dont do close-ups on the othe musicians.

For about the last 40 years every legible brand name you see on TV, the movies, etc. has a written contract that was negotiated and drawn up or issued by a law firm, even if it is in the background on the side of a building, billboard, or on some bystander's T-shirt. Even if the producer does not intentionally seek out a product placement deal, they have to get permission to use it, so if they're so inclined they try to use brand names that will offset the cost of the production.

For instance, Coke might not want to have their products placed in Kill Bill or Pineapple Express. But they might be happy to have it placed in Mall Cop or Star Trek Universe, it just depends on their marketing philosophy/goals/policy. That's why America's Funniest Home Videos and the like often blur things out - they either couldn't get permission or had to pay an objectionable fee, and it was easier to edit it out. I believe these rights do not extend to live news footage, but they do extend to live in-studio work.

But Epi does have some kind of deal with Disney' date=' hence the pirates guitar and a few others and in the music videos they are clearly marked epi just usualy not in the shows, and certain shows, for instance I believe in Hannah Montanna you can see billy's guitars in the backgroound have logos[/quote']

hmm...

maybe it's...

they have a deal with washburn, but...

epiphone's are better?

w/e

Archived