Gibson Brands Forums

Boss Blues Overdrive Pedal

timandbob

I have one (two, actually). I love 'em! BUt...If I were you, I'd Try one out. It's the only way to know what YOU will like. I don't know...everyone is

so different, in what they consider great tone, especially from a stomp box, that I'd just go to a store, try as many as you can, with

your guitar and identical amp, and see what trips your trigger. Boss pedals, in general, are great pedals. Well made, reliable, etc.

Lots of players swear by them. But, there are a LOT of overdrive/distortion pedals, in every price rage, on the market.

So....best to check as many as you can. Good luck!

CB

Thinking about getting one of these to go along with my Dot Deluxe. Anyone have any experience with this pedal? What do you think about it?

Great as a boost pedal...nice treble boost. Don't care for the gain on it much at all...tend to lean a bit on the harsh side. No coloration at all which is one of the features I like about the Blues Driver....well, other than bumping up the treble a bit which I also like.

I agree with Rafael, the gain wasn't my fav when I had it. Though it is a nice pedal! I picked up Visual Sounds' RT 66 pedal. Overdrive and Compression in one pedal. The comp can give you a fantastic boost...Just my two cents. has overdrive w/ a bass boost which sounds killer when you're on the lead pup. I have the same guitar as you BTW but, with a Mean 90 in the neck.

Thanks all, I have played it a bit at GC; they had a used one there for $80 (new was $124). That was too pricey for me so I played with it a bit and then left. I am actually looking for the treble boost with just a bit of coloration, so this might do the trick.

But, you are all correct -- there is really no way to tell until it is hooked up to my equipment with my cables and other pedals, etc., to see how it really will sound.

Are we talkin' about the same pedal? A Boss Blues Driver goes for $69 new everywhere. I'm supposed to get a used one from a local guy used tomorrow for $40. BTW, Robert Keeley seems to do nice mods on TS-9s, Blues Drivers and other pedals for around $65 including shipping. (M-Theory don't flame me!)

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=14

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

$124' date=' for a Boss "Blues Driver???" Wow! That IS high. I've never paid more than 75-80 (new) for either or my BD pedals.

(I use one, as more of a clean boost, and the other with some "Grit!")

Fulltone's "Full Drive 2 Mosfet" OD is another killer pedal! Albeit, more expensive!

CB[/quote']See, that's what I thought. The used one was $79. Even that was high. That's why these forums are so valuable.

Are we talkin' about the same pedal? A Boss Blues Driver goes for $69 new everywhere. I'm supposed to get a used one from a local guy used tomorrow for $40. BTW' date=' Robert Keeley seems to do nice mods on TS-9s, Blues Drivers and other pedals for around $65 including shipping. (M-Theory don't flame me!)

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=14

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]
Thanks for the video review. It was quite complete.

I wish that I still had it just for an extra sound. I have a DS 1 that I'll use for a little extra. Though in high gain stages te sound is much different from a blues driver. I get great overdrive from the RT 66 but, the gritty clean you get from a BD is killer.

There is a deal on one out there waiting for you!

Guest icantbuyafender

I had good results with the Delta Lab Tube Driver.

your basic tube screamer clone.

Surprisingly, for $50, it does its job VERY well.

However, my Overdrive and Lead tones are still attributed to my DS-1 and SD-1 or Jackhammer/guv'nor depending on the rig.

But IMHO the Delta Lab pedals had me second guessing every effect I own, to the point of almost putting them all on ebay.

Maybe itll suit your needs?

I had good results with the Delta Lab Tube Driver.

your basic tube screamer clone.

Surprisingly' date=' for $50, it does its job VERY well.

Maybe itll suit your needs?[/quote']I have a bid out on ebay on a blues driver pedal. If I don't win that pedal, I'll send you a PM. Thanks.

Archived