Gibson Brands Forums

Retro Lovers Only

brianh

Like their suits, shoes and sporty cars, there's no denying the "cool factor" of these Italian guitars!

$500 is a lot of bread, and you'd certainly want to get your hands on it first ... not all of these 60's imports were exactly a joy to play, as for the seller's pictures, all I can say is, Bellissima!

meazzicover02.jpg

Jim

"$500 is a lot of bread, and you'd certainly want to get your hands on it first ... not all of these 60's imports were exactly a joy to play...."

As usual Jim is being nice,but he's right on the money IMHO! Some of these guitars won't intonate worth a damn and have very high action with little that can be done about it short of destroying whatever vintage value they have buy installing a better bridge etc..etc.... Funky...yes....cool...perhaps....worth $500.....not my $500!

It seems like I'm not alone in my love for 60's import "guitar kitsch". Every one of these I see is priced way out of line ... maybe it'll all blow over and they'll get cheap again!

I did find a couple of good pics while snooping around though. Here's one that I owned around 1971 or so ... a Teisco Mayqueen. It was a semi-teardrop shaped hollow-body that would howl like a banshee if you were anywhere near any sort of amplification ... a truly horrible guitar! I wish I still had her ... LOL!

Jim

1968-Teisco-May-Queen-M.jpg

Archived