Gibson Brands Forums

No Model, No Serial?

UKDino

Ok, so I have no serial number on the headstock + where the trus rod cover is just says "Gibson" It's obviously a LP but which model? Standard?, Classic? . . . I can't seem to find the same guitar on the net. Here's some pics:

backofhead-1.jpgHead-1.jpg

Body-1.jpg

I've got a GREAT chance to get a Black 90s Les Paul Studio for £400 instead of the normal £1000 price. BTW I've had this guitar for about 11 years now. So it'll be an older model compaired to the newer epiphones.

Any help would be awesome!

Ok' date=' so I have no serial number on the headstock + where the trus rod cover is just says "Gibson" It's obviously a LP but which model? Standard?, Classic? . . . [/quote']

It appears to be an early Korean (Samick made) Les Paul Standard. My best guess would be 1989-1990. The early ones has the serial #s on stickers, in the early 90s serial #s were stamped on the back of the headstock.

It's defo' not fake. I've seen pleanty of fakes and they're really obvious when you look closely. If this is fake they went to some bloody lengths to fake it. I think I actualy remember there being a gold circle sticker on the back of the head stock when I got this.

Cheers for all the replys guys!

It appears to be an early Korean (Samick made) Les Paul Standard. My best guess would be 1989-1990. The early ones has the serial #s on stickers' date=' in the early 90s serial #s were stamped on the back of the headstock. [/quote']

+1

Jerrymac is right!

Archived