Gibson Brands Forums

bonehead mistake...

Mash94

no you dont have to...

you can play it and tune it up every time she goes out of tune during those 3 days... you have to wait 3 days before the strings stop doing that.

But the string breaking on you must be due to some bad way of stringing the guitar.

I'm thinking of a smart *** way to reply to that but I'm not getting any. I'll let you win.....this time.

I got your back this time:

"Spelt (Triticum spelta) is a hexaploid species of wheat. Spelt was an important staple in parts of Europe from the Bronze Age to medieval times; it now survives as a relict crop in Central Europe and has found a new market as a health food. Spelt is sometimes considered a subspecies of the closely related species common wheat (T. aestivum)' date=' in which case its botanical name is considered to be Triticum aestivum subsp. spelta."[/i']

So technically, you spelled it correctly.... ALTHOUGH (this is for YOU Mash) we are still trying to figure out what wheat has to do with spelling.... and this is why spell check is not realiable O:)

EDIT**** Just noticed your location Schizo... your English is excellent!

Start in D tuning play and stretch till it stays tuned , tune up a half step and repeat , One more time in standard .

And don't spin em up real fast as this causes micro-fissures in the core steel of the strings

And voila !

I play down 1/2 step on all my stuff .

I got your back this time:

"Spelt (Triticum spelta) is a hexaploid species of wheat. Spelt was an important staple in parts of Europe from the Bronze Age to medieval times; it now survives as a relict crop in Central Europe and has found a new market as a health food. Spelt is sometimes considered a subspecies of the closely related species common wheat (T. aestivum)' date=' in which case its botanical name is considered to be Triticum aestivum subsp. spelta."[/i']

So technically, you spelled it correctly.... ALTHOUGH (this is for YOU Mash) we are still trying to figure out what wheat has to do with spelling.... and this is why spell check is not realiable O:)

EDIT**** Just noticed your location Schizo... your English is excellent!

Thank you, and you may be surprised but people in these areas speak better english than you might think. But then several decades under British rule is bound to have its effects, no? If I may be so bold to say I think my english is better than my malay.

Thank you' date=' and you may be surprised but people in these areas speak better english than you might think. But then several decades under British rule is bound to have its effects, no? If I may be so bold to say I think my english is better than my malay. [/quote']

heheheh it is certainly better than MY Malay!

The ball ends are just regular old bronze or brass or whatever yellow metal they're made of and are wrapped over with the same part of the string that makes up the rest. Nothing fancy.

I used GHS for 10-15 years before I was tipped off about WebStrings now I use only WebStrings. When I place an order, I purchase enough to get the full discount and free shipping which works out to $2.50 per set.

Hey! Anyone know a good site for ordering strings on the web???

/chuckle

Can't speak to the quality of the string having never used them (GHS makes good strings, though, if they are the mfg.), but the price is most impressive! Thanks Rich... might have just saved me some money, as I have to restring my 12-string and mandolin in the near future =D>

Start in D tuning play and stretch till it stays tuned ' date=' tune up a half step and repeat , One more time in standard .

And don't spin em up real fast as this causes micro-fissures in the core steel of the strings

And voila !

I play down 1/2 step on all my stuff . [/quote']

Me too... 80s guys eh?

Archived