Gibson Brands Forums

bonehead mistake...

Mash94

This just sucks. I just bought new strings for my Squier. a pair of nice $12 Elixirs. I put em on yesterday and today I couldn't take not playing her anymore so I decided to try to tune her. all went well until the high e string. I started to tune and SPROING!!!! she broke and hit my little bro in the arm. now I gotta buy a whole new set which puts $12 further from that Les Paul... my bro is good though just a little mark

I consider myself lucky when I change the strings on my guitar. The strings I buy for my violin cost $45 for a set, so that's $11.25 per STRING. Yes, these are top-of-the-line strings, but still. Not to mention that violin strings are really hard to put on, and that when you put on new violin strings, the violin goes out of tune alot. And when a violin goes out of tune, it's a pain in the @$$ to tune up again. Then when I finally finish tuning it back up, it's out of tune again! =D>

Years ago I was restringing my old acoustic and the high E broke.

I was leaning over the guitar to hear it as I tuned it up to pitch and it sliced my chin open.

Bled like a stuck f-ing pig for 10 minutes from a razor slice under my chin. Healed without a scar though...

I bought a box of D'Addarios for $50 from Musician's Friend, it has 25 sets in it.

For 2 bucks a set, you can afford to pull a single out when you need it.

This thread may get zapped but before it does , I put a set of Dean Markley Blue Steel .10 - .46 On My Classic today and holy guacamole they sound Great . I may be switching brands I picked up 2 sets when I was dropping a pile on Elixir's .

That sucks' date='

but you don't need to get 12 dollar strings,

ernie balls are 5 and work really well.

P.S. your the first person on this forum to spell squier right[/quote']

Thank you, and now YOU'RE the second! Congrats

P.S. your the first person on this forum to spell squier right

Ouch. I'm pretty picky about my spelling, grammar and punctuation.

I've gotten it wrong all these years?

Probably because I never cared enough to notice.

:-)

Oh, and to be more proper, it should look more like this;

P.S.,

You're the first person on this forum to spell Squier correctly.

instead of;

Just trying to help.

LS-14 f-cks it up enough for all of us!

Okay, I'll stop...

Ouch. I'm pretty picky about my spelling' date=' grammar and punctuation.

I've gotten it wrong all these years?

Probably because I never cared enough to notice.

Oh, and to be more proper, it should look more like this;

P.S.,

You're the first person on this forum to spell Squier correctly.

instead of;

Just trying to help.

LS-14 f-cks it up enough for all of us!

Okay, I'll stop...

:-)[/quote']

Touché

(notice the thingy over the e)

Actually.....

Welcome to the forum!

You are so right.. your sub-Fender knock off is so obviously a superior instrument... why just look at the components! Everyone knows that Squiers

So maybe the second...

This just sucks. I just bought new strings for my Squier. a pair of nice $12 Elixirs. I put em on yesterday and today I couldn't take not playing her anymore so I decided to try to tune her. all went well until the high e string. I started to tune and SPROING!!!! she broke and hit my little bro in the arm. now I gotta buy a whole new set which puts $12 further from that Les Paul... my bro is good though just a little mark

Call Elixir (WL Gore Company) at: 800-367-5533.

I've had similar things happen and they've replaced the string.

If you buy a set to use now just change the "e" and save the rest. When you get the replacement, you'll have a full spare set sitting around.

I've been screwed by Elixer. I restrung my guitar two days before a big gig. Stretched them out a bit and packed it in the case. We were the opener so I set up my gear, went to open my case and BAM! high E was busted in the case. Might have been a freak thing but I won't forget it. Go get some DR's. Try them out. THey're great! I used blue steels for a long time but DR's are just as bright with better durability.

That sucks' date='

but you don't need to get 12 dollar strings,

ernie balls are 5 and work really well.

P.S. your the first person on this forum to spell squier right[/quote']

Hey I think I spelt squier right in one of the other threads! So that makes me the first! Although I do not see the point of being so.... :)

Archived