Gibson Brands Forums

Well I've been thinking about getting a new toy...

Svet

lately but I'm still not sold on anything in particular. A Ric 12 string tickled my fancy as well as a 12 string acoustic for a bit. Now I'm thinking perhaps I need some British amplification as my Amps are mostly Fenders with a Carr Mercury and Epiphone BC 30 thrown in for good measure. I was thinking about testing out the Marshall JVM 410 combo. Has anyone here have experience with one of these?

Yeah, you need some new toys, Svet! ;>) Take a look at North Coast Music's site.

http://www.voxshowroom.com/northcoast/index.html

They have Marshalls, sure...but they also have some really cool "Vox" stuff, that

NO one else does. A (Marshall like) Vox half-stack with all the Vox trimmings,

coloring, diamond grill cloth, etc., but the Marshall like "slant" cabinet. Also some

"Super Beatle" and "Shea Stadium" Beatle amps/speaker boxes with steal frames,

and all that. FUN stuff!

Have Fun!

CB

The JVM looks really good on paper, but I was very underwhelmed when I tried one out. I think my Valvestate sounded more like a Marshall, and for 1/5 the price, it also has four channels.

If you want an all tube marshall, stick to the classics. There is a reason the mode four etc. go away fast. Jim already designed his great amp, the JCM800, get one of those if thats the sound you want.

Yeah, Svet, you need more toys like I need more guitars!!! LOL!!!

I agree with Muskiron. I have played this amp also and was not impressed.

My main rig is a jcm2000 dsl and it does not come close to that.

Svet, I think I see a vintage vox AC30 in your future. Hmmmm..........

Hey Guys, thanks for the replies! I liked what I heard on the Marshall video of the JVM but right now I am not overly excited about any gear. I'm at a lull right now and I am trying to force the issue. This tells me to just enjoy my gear and perhaps experiment with my amps a bit more. I just think that I am missing something without a British amp in my arsenal. How can I own a Les Paul without a Marshall Stack?!? I guess I feel a little guilty buying stuff when there are so many people out of work right now. It makes you start thinking about needs and wants more and more and lord knows I have enough guitars and amps to hold a class lesson. If you think I'm letting some dirty little kid touch my guitars... lol where was I, oh yeah, perhaps I need inspiration from a different source?

hahhhhhhahh

Yes sir' date=' Reasoning and rationale...

What else is there. 30... a good round

number... 30 guitars, a real good round number...

30 really good rounded reasons to... Well, You know...

[/quote'] tg..... ya know, it's really hard to concentrate on yer actual posts with that sig drawing my attention away.....not that I'm complainin' [biggrin]

Archived