Gibson Brands Forums

Who else likes the no pickguard look?

Swoop

OK, Now I've taken it off!

I'll try it for a few days and see if I like it.

I'm already getting more sustain caused by the channeling of sound waves out of the two bare thread holes.....

.........not.

Seriously though, it looks really good. I'm now constantly checking that i'm not scratching the poly.

Alan

Hey' date=' Sjael. I think they make a black B-700 if I'm not mistaken.[/quote']

Yeah, I think they stopped making it a short time ago though, it's no longer on the Bigsby site, and the only place I can find 'em is ebay. #-o

I like to keep the pickguards on all of my guitars. In fact, my new Gretsch 5120 had the stock clear pickguard with silver on the back, and I painted it black with white lettering.

I have often mounted master volume pots on the pickguards of my guitars, as seen on my '56 Gold Top and my Gibby LP Deluxe and old SG in the 70's:

lespaul002.jpgLesPaulDeluxe.jpgSG.jpg

I have the guard off of my +top, and I love the look, but the MAIN reason I removed mine is because the shade of the guard was WAY too white compared to the rings and binding. If I could get an appropriate cream colored guard to fit, I'd consider it. It felt good playing with it on, took a lil time to acclimate, but I don't notice, having it off for many months, now. I put the screws back in the holes, more to keep from losing them than anything else.

Guest icantbuyafender
I like to keep the pickguards on all of my guitars. In fact' date=' my new Gretsch 5120 had the stock clear pickguard with silver on the back, and I painted it black with white lettering.

I have often mounted master volume pots on the pickguards of my guitars, as seen on my '56 Gold Top and my Gibby LP Deluxe and old SG in the 70's:

[img']http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss187/bluesman345/lespaul002.jpg[/img]

LesPaulDeluxe.jpg

SG.jpg

NOW THAT is a good use of a pickguard

How do you do that? The routing? the wiring?

wire a pot between the 3way switch and input jack or what?

Genius my friend, pure genius.

You know, I own 4 lps and I've never experimented removing the PG! One of them came without a PG and the others I just left on. Hmmm perhaps Ill pull em off and experiment!

My LPs:

Epiphone Elitist Standard Plus in Cherryburst, Gibson 1959 LP reissue in Tobacco, Gibson 1956 RI, and an Epiphone Elitist Tak Matsumoto.

lesters.jpg?t=1260832690

I like to keep the pickguards on all of my guitars. In fact' date=' my new Gretsch 5120 had the stock clear pickguard with silver on the back, and I painted it black with white lettering.

[/quote']

Hey Bluesman345, that is pretty cool! I have another idea for you so that you won't infringe on the aesthetics of LP or other guitar. How about one underneath the PG? That is what Eastman does with their guitars and my two Eastman’s have the tone and volume below the PG. A wheel protrudes a little bit on the bottom of the PG for access.

arch3.jpg?t=1260833701

eastman3.jpg?t=1260833731

Archived