Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Prophecy SG Custom EX pics

Rewddawg1

Definitely like the woodgrain "peeking" out

thru the Black!!!!! Never HEARD one before, have

to visit YouTube....

If you tell the wife you bought a "Shredder" for the house,

it COULD be interpreted as "for PAPER"! Just slide a sheet

under the Low E, then gently pull up and tear it in half. DONE!

"See, Sweetie - it DOES shred"!!!!!

Definitely like the woodgrain "peeking" out

thru the Black!!!!! Never HEARD one before' date=' have

to visit YouTube....

If you tell the wife you bought a "Shredder" for the house,

it COULD be interpreted as "for PAPER"! Just slide a sheet

under the Low E, then gently pull up and tear it in half. DONE!

"See, Sweetie - it DOES shred"!!!!![/quote']

Nice idea but the wife took it pretty well once she saw it and how I paid VS. what people want for a new one. It's a brand new never been played before came in the box 08 model.

Ok, let's see if i got this to work then.....

Mine looks a lot like Resddags of course (being the same guitar) but the head stock has another colour.

I have to say I am quite impressed with the guitar. My old cheap starter pack one never really sounded right. I had it into shops twice to ahve it setup but still never got happey with it. Buzzing, the B string sounded kind of broken, the low E sounded like A sharp on 5th fret and so on. If I tried to lower the strings some strings got a double tone and the buzzing got way to much.

This one was better setup from the box than evena shop could manage my old one. Lower action, no buzzing and seems to be fairly well intonated. I am sure it would benifit from a proper setup, and maybe in time I will have someone do that, but I think it's pretty good as it is.

Two small issues however. One is my fingertips become black playing (colour from the frets I suspect, it will get better soon). And the volume know sounds schrgrgrschh when I turn it, especially on high gain. the tone knob is silent however. Perhaps some silicon spray on it would help, it could be just some oxidation on it.

Well, here are some picture of Miss Horny.....

sgprophecyex.jpg

sgprophecyex6.jpg

Ok' date=' let's see if i got this to work then.....

Mine looks a lot like Resddags of course (being the same guitar) but the head stock has another colour.

I have to say I am quite impressed with the guitar. My old cheap starter pack one never really sounded right. I had it into shops twice to ahve it setup but still never got happey with it. Buzzing, the B string sounded kind of broken, the low E sounded like A sharp on 5th fret and so on. If I tried to lower the strings some strings got a double tone and the buzzing got way to much.

This one was better setup from the box than evena shop could manage my old one. Lower action, no buzzing and seems to be fairly well intonated. I am sure it would benifit from a proper setup, and maybe in time I will have someone do that, but I think it's pretty good as it is.

Two small issues however. One is my fingertips become black playing (colour from the frets I suspect, it will get better soon). And the volume know sounds schrgrgrschh when I turn it, especially on high gain. the tone knob is silent however. Perhaps some silicon spray on it would help, it could be just some oxidation on it.

Well, here are some picture of Miss Horny.....

sgprophecyex.jpg

sgprophecyex6.jpg

Great looking guitar everyone has a different look because of the quilted maple top on the body of the guitar. Great score! Have fun you gotta love that slim fast tapered neck, rock on!!!!!

haha yeah.. I didnt mean like silicone paste you use to seal things with! But the contact cleaner I have actually claims to be silicone based. However, it seems to to be needed. I turned the colume up and down a fair deal of times and now it seems to be gone.

HNGD to both of ya's gorgeous looking Prophecies i must say!!Love that quilted maple andd they're all so different looking from one to next,,but all gorgeous,Rock on Guys!!!!,,Maniak

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Chuan Yin Marina Mark 20SS classical

Carlo Robelli 5 string Banjo

Carlo Robelli Electric Violin

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

2 Marshall JTM-612 60 watt 1 12 Combos

haha yeah.. I didnt mean like silicone paste you use to seal things with! But the contact cleaner I have actually claims to be silicone based. However' date=' it seems to to be needed. I turned the colume up and down a fair deal of times and now it seems to be gone.

[/quote']

Then it needs it! You just pushed the crud off the track so to speak. Clean it out and it'll last much longer. I have some 40-ish year old pots that work just fine.

Archived