Gibson Brands Forums

I Bought This Yesterday

Digger

http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/genreviews/reviews/behringerxvamp.htm

Sorry about the link but I'm having trouble getting Photobucket to upload new pics at the moment.

Although my Roland Cube X does some modelling, when I was offered this effects pedal for $100 in brand new condition, I thought I'd give it a try. I have no idea what I'm doing with it yet but early trials show that it is going to be an interesting addition to my equipment.

I'm particularly interested in the "auto wah" function but haven't worked it out (nor read the manual yet) as if I like it then I will look to buying something like a "cry baby" at a later stage.

Anyone out there have any experience with this little beastie? The reviews seem to be encouraging.

Digger

Thanks Guys,

I'm sure I'm not ready for much of a challenge yet either Sheila but it was available and I do want to have a wah function to try so this was a way to give it a go without the full expense.

Thanks for posting the pic Peter, don't know what's going on with Photobucket but I haven't been able to load new pics to it since yesterday. Perhaps I'll try on my notebook in case it's a problem to do with this PC???

The only difficulty in using this jigger is that I have to wait until Mrs Digger is out!!! lol

Dig (grin)

Enjoy !!! I have a Digitech RP-350, similar sort of unit..... they're great fun for experimenting........ and definitely spend the time experimenting - multi-fx can usually be tweaked to provide pretty good tone (at least through a tube amp). There's only about a dozen of the factory presets on mine that I use/like. Have been altering even those, and building others "from scratch"..... there's a learning curve involved, but it gets easier and faster the more you mess with it.

Have fun !!!![biggrin]

Thanks for the encouragement gentlemen, I'm hoping to give it a shake out this morning when Mrs Digger goes shopping.

Hoping to get familiar with WAH and to find (or create) some nice bluesy settings.

Rainy day here so can't do much else, or at least that's my story!!

Dig

Still haven't got a clue how to work this thing but already I'm getting some fantastic tones out of it.....as Mrs Digger says, "Sounds very professional". No not my playing, the tones from the amp which seem to have much more depth and presence than without the FX pedal.

So far I have very good impressions of this as an addition to my musical arsenal.

Good fun!

Dig

What kind of amp are you playing through, the Roland cube or something else. They sound a little better through a tube amp on clean channel. P.S. You will be spending a great deal of time finding the right amp mode and effects you really like and I suggest you save them as presets and write them down to keep track of them. Don't get overwhelmed with all the possibilities go with what you are familiar with and slowly expand and experiment and above all have fun with your new toy

Thanks Red, that sounds like good advice.

Yes I have a Roland 20X cube, no tube amp as yet although it's on the list of things to buy (but that list at times gets pretty long).

To be honest I'm finding the instructions that came with it reasonably unhelpful and somewhat obscure so I think I'll take it in to guitar lessons tomorrow so Dunc, my teacher can show me how to do a few things that I can't do now. Once I've got the basics down I should be right from there on in. Although as you get older I find that my ability to deal with complicated electronics diminishes.

Unfortunately my time and money gets spread out a little thin these days too.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestions.

Dig

Archived