Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul problem

makaveli864

I recently bought an epiphone lp and i think the neck pickup is not working.

heres my problem when its in the mid position i set the bridge pickup vol to 0 and neck pickup to full blast i get no sound.

checked on the other guitar forums and people said that when its set in mid position one of the volume controls acts as the master to both is this true or does my neck pickup have a wire problem.

PLEASe HELP

I recently bought an epiphone lp and i think the neck pickup is not working.

heres my problem when its in the mid position i set the bridge pickup vol to 0 and neck pickup to full blast i get no sound.

checked on the other guitar forums and people said that when its set in mid position one of the volume controls acts as the master to both is this true or does my neck pickup have a wire problem.

PLEASe HELP

Help??? You already got your answer: ...when its set in mid position one of the volume controls acts as the master to both. You don't like the answer you got, so you join a new forum and ask the same question??? Maybe they'll give you a better answer??? What forum are you going to join next???

Now go back to those other forums and thank those people who were kind enough to take the time to respond to your question. They gave you the correct answer. And here's a suggestion, since you don't believe what people tell you, next time get off your bum and do your own research.

Now go back to those other forums and thank those people who were kind enough to take the time to respond to your question. They gave you the correct answer. And here's a suggestion' date=' since you don't believe what people tell you, next time get off your bum and do your own research.[/quote']

892424-oh_snap_super.gif

jerrymac' date=' I like the way you think, but remember that patience is a virtue. Too bad I don't have any. [blink']

There was another poster earlier this afternoon who wrote about the exact issue, wanting to know if you could rewire it so that each control would act independent of each other. So I explain how to do it, and even go to the trouble of finding a diagram on line for him. So then he responds and asks me if it will cause and ground buzz problems.

Then this guy comes along, and notice he checked on the other guitar forums and people... Plural, he got more than one person on more than one forum who already gave him the correct answer. But instead of being grateful, he signs up here and asks the same question. I consider that very disrespectful, not only to the other people who took the time to respond to his questions, but to the forum members here. Like we don't have better things to do (like discuss Steinbeck) but answer questions that he's had answered several times already.

I guess I'm getting old and cantankerous!!! Now get off my lawn!!!

It POURED here today! Didn't last as long as the rain we had a week ago, but it was coming down in buckets a few times throughout the day. I split early to get down to the Famingo in time tonight just because traffic gets screwed up if a dog pees in the street in this town.

Still played to a full house, thankfully ... tomorrow will be a better day, bubba!

Jim

Archived