Gibson Brands Forums

I want a Pedal Steel!!!!!!

well I have been lookn into b benders for my tele, and I am going to go with a hip shot because I wont have to gut my guitar to try one out ( any experience and info withs b benders, brands, types, would be greatly appreciated) any who.....while on my search I said to myself how about an actual pedal steel guitar???? so i did some looking and for a beginner like me there is really only one I have found thats could possibly be in my price range and the is the Caster starter pedal steel, 10 string , 3 or 4 pedals I am not sure but its about $7-800.00, does any one here know of another brand for a lil cheaper? or can recommend a good one for a good price? I dont really wana blow $1,200 on one just yet thanks guys!

Hey, Max!

I'm also intrigued by that very instrument. Guys that know how to play it get some truly beautiful sounds out of it ... but it looks complicated as all hell to play. I've also read that pedal steels can be torture on amps and speakers.

I've been thinking of taking a baby step by going with a lap steel and seeing how I A: like it and B: how much actual use I get out of it. Peavey has a cool offering called te Powerslide. It's gotten some great reviews and only costs a couple of hundred bucks. Cool looking too:

PeavyPowerslide.jpg

As you can see from the video, it can be played a number of ways. I know it's not a pedal steel, but it's also not a thousand dollar investment. Just a thought ...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXuNbxXbVy8[/YOUTUBE]

Jim

well I have been lookn into b benders for my tele' date=' and I am going to go with a hip shot because I wont have to gut my guitar to try one out ( any experience and info withs b benders, brands, types, would be greatly appreciated) any who.....while on my search I said to myself how about an actual pedal steel guitar???? so i did some looking and for a beginner like me there is really only one I have found thats could possibly be in my price range and the is the Caster starter pedal steel, 10 string , 3 or 4 pedals I am not sure but its about $7-800.00, does any one here know of another brand for a lil cheaper? or can recommend a good one for a good price? I dont really wana blow $1,200 on one just yet thanks guys![/quote']

SX has a really inexpensive lap steel.

lapsteelwtwcase7.jpg

Archived