Gibson Brands Forums

What a day!!!

Silverbursted

So' date=' SB...I'm sure you've compared your Lesters to one another by now. How do they rank?[/quote']

Hmm thats tough. The R7 and the Traditional (dubbed Angelina) are just about equal on the playability and sound. The Silverburst on the otherhand may not be getting the same play time anymore. The power of Angelina has really surpassed the SB, and the R7 is just plain smooooooooooth. Like I said, it's tough.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golly, wonder where you got THAT name?

:-)

I met our other Buddy at Bizarre today, played the twin sister to my double neck. He's thinking REAL hard about it.

They were ordered at the same time, mine came in much earlier.

Hmm thats tough. The R7 and the Traditional (dubbed Angelina) are just about equal on the playability and sound. The power of Angelina has really surpassed the SB' date=' and the R7 is just plain smooooooooooth. Like I said, it's tough.[/quote']

Surely, that can't be the case.

I haven't tried one out yet, but I expect it to be worlds apart from my reissue.

I have a rough idea of what a Traditional should be like - similar in feel and weight to my 2006 Standard with a mellower/warmer tone. Now I'm curious.

The Silverburst on the otherhand may not be getting the same play time anymore.

Same boat, my friend. That's why I sold one of my SGs and why I also put my BFG up for sale, which I just sold btw.

Hey Silver just wanna say great axe you have there! I got my hands on a pair of traditionals last week, loved one, not so much the other. One was a goldie the other was desert burst but was definitely not as beautiful.

I've seen lots of Desert burst LPs here, kinda think it's one of those colors which aren't always such a beauty. Yours is definitely one of the best lookin' DB I've seen around.. Congrats!!

I have one too here she is:

04Stdindesertburst-SDPearlyGates2.jpg

Workinhorses3.jpg

(ehm..apologise for the tele...eusa_whistle.gif )

SB, I gotta say...you have the nicest GT I've seen on these forums and now you have the second nicest DB, the best is this one, I think. Keep it up, you're on a roll. O:)

kinda think it's one of those colors which aren't always such a beauty.

I think he's referring to mine. O:)

No seriously, I do. Not the greatest flame in the world. Great player, though.

Nice DB you have there! Is it really that dark around the edges, or is it just the pics?

I find DB is a hard colour to capture in a picture. All colours, actually...except silverburst.

Nice DB you have there! Is it really that dark around the edges' date=' or is it just the pics?

I find DB is a hard colour to capture in a picture. All colours, actually...except silverburst.[/quote']

Bursts are always tough to photograph so they actually appear as the real thing.

My Classic Plus is such a case. Some pics it looks downright "Blah!" while others it looks "Wow!"

The truth is somewhere in the middle if you see it in real life. I thought it was the perfect balance of flame and paint.

When I first saw the Desert Burst at another shop a few months ago, I thought to myself "THAT'S nice, real nice...."

When I walked into Bizarre and saw the Traditionals hanging there, the DB caught my eye. SB already had it down.

I'll vouch for the DB that SB bought.

It's not a show stopper hanging with 70 other badass high end Les Pauls

Give your eyes a minute to adjust, and the angels to stop singing so loud, and the eye is drawn to subtle details.

The flame isn't BIG & FLASHY, but is very nice and a little subtle. The Desert Burst paint brings it out magnificently.

The wood figuring is what you would have expected to find in the fifties if you found a NICE one.

Holding the guitar, the unchambered body is the perfect weight, the detail of workmanship is apparent.

Plek sticker on it to let you know this might be a damned good player.

Bob Turner, the owner of Bizarre Guitar took it from there. You know the rest of the story.

I think he's referring to mine. B)

No seriously' date=' I do. Not the greatest flame in the world. Great player, though.

[/quote']

Tim I'm sorry I really didn't refer to any pic of DBs shown in this forum but I did refer to lots of them I saw here (ITALY). Hope you and other DBs' owner guys were not offended by this!! I sure didn't want to B))

Nice DB you have there! Is it really that dark around the edges' date=' or is it just the pics?

[/quote']

Thank you yeah it's a bit less dark.. I mean it's actually more shaded from the "yellow" to the edges, if this make any sense :-)

But it's sure darker than the brown of the FT color (which I do like better...GAS here, hehe)

Surely, that can't be the case.

I haven't tried one out yet, but I expect it to be worlds apart from my reissue.

I have a rough idea of what a Traditional should be like - similar in feel and weight to my 2006 Standard with a mellower/warmer tone. Now I'm curious.

No, the Traditional and the GT don't sound anything alike, but feel very similar in feel. I can't really speak on the 06 Standard, but when comparing it to the 08, there is a huge difference. As far as I am concerned, the chambered vs. non-chambered argument is over. These two sound like what a Les Paul is supposed to sound like (IMHO).

Hey Silver just wanna say great axe you have there! I got my hands on a pair of traditionals last week' date=' loved one, not so much the other. One was a goldie the other was desert burst but was definitely not as beautiful.

I've seen lots of Desert burst LPs here, kinda think it's one of those colors which aren't always such a beauty. Yours is definitely one of the best lookin' DB I've seen around.. Congrats!! [/quote']

2???, that is great!!! I absolutely love mine. Hope you are enjoying yours as much. And welcome to the forum, a terrific bunch of guys here.

SB, I gotta say...you have the nicest GT I've seen on these forums and now you have the second nicest DB, the best is this one, I think. Keep it up, you're on a roll. Angel

+10, I humbly accept second fiddle to that one. Beautiful.

And yup, I'll have to agree with you on the Goldtop.

Archived