Gibson Brands Forums

I FOUND IT. Now help me convince my wife

mbrooks0711

Dear MIK Mrs EPI Brooks LP' date='

Your MIK husband EPI loves LP you MIK sooooo EPI much LP...

I just thought you should know of his subliminal emotions for you!

eggmuffins

That's called "success by suction".....just don't want to be too obvious!! My Mrs. would say "Here comes page 37 out of the salesman's manual!" Damn it's hard to get one by her! Never should have married a woman smarter than me! Oh hang on....all women are smarter than me! Bugger!

Dig

That's called "success by suction".....just don't want to be too obvious!! My Mrs. would say "Here comes page 37 out of the salesman's manual!" Damn it's hard to get one by her! Never should have married a woman smarter than me! Oh hang on....all women are smarter than me! Bugger!

LOL[biggrin]... me too!

PS: I sincerely hope that the Epi-fraternity (Non-Oz Chapter) understand that 'Bugger!' is a totally acceptable 'exclamation' down here... rather than a 'lifestyle choice'[confused]

eggmuffins

I was joking[biggrin] ...... I was trying to intimidate your Misses[biggrin] .............. However if your Misses is anything like mine' date=' only thing that scares her is a big hairy spider[biggrin']

My Mrs. pre paid/ordered a EHSC for my EJ-200 this morning while I played a while...........she heard it bang against the door of the entertainment center that I keep it in, and next thing I know, she's pulled up GC on the computer and is telling me she's ordered me a case and when it should arrive. (around 6/11).

The EJ is the guitar that she secretly put on layaway and paid out (locally) as a "love offering" a couple of months ago.

As far as musical instruments and gear............i'm the luckiest person I know.

I got it yesterday. It is the darker than the new ones but I still think it was originally called a honeyburst finish. Yeah $300 with a case AND it came with an unexpected surprise: Gibson green-key tuners! The tuners alone are worth $80. And the old Epiphone green-keys were in the case, so that's a plus too!. It sounds fantastic but it has one of the loudest neck pickups I've ever heard. I cleaned it up and restrung it once I got it home today so I could do it's standard photo shoot tomorrow. Honestly i can see why people prefer the older Korean models over the newer Chinese ones. Both guitars SOUND and PLAY almost identically, especially now that I've got both of them set up correctly. But the attention to detail on this Korean one is PHENOMENAL, even as compared to U.S.A. made guitars. I mean both control cavities are gorgeous, the wiring is clean and efficient, the top is great, the frets are great, etc. . It needed a bit of cleaning because it didn't seem like it had EVER been cleaned in its 9 year life but now I've got a guitar that I KNOW will compete with guitars that cost 5 times as much.

Archived