Gibson Brands Forums

Price of a flamekat

The_Ransom

I have a 06 Flamekat I never use and I want to sell it go help fund a Guitar more suited to my needs. Now the problem is I have no idea how much to sell it for, Ebay is saying $500-700, while Ultimate-Guitar is telling me $1200. would anyone know the average proce for one of these?

Thanks.

Thanks' date=' But I figured This would be the place to ask about the guitar, Thoug hebay isn't a definite amount. Like what would You or someone else pay for one of them.[/quote']

If you search "completed listings" (you have to be registered) it will show you what things have sold for.

I searched epiphone flamekat and it only came back with two, one for $499 and one for $400. both did not sell.

The statement on Ultimate-Guitar is just another forum user. Just because Guitar Center sold one for $1200 once doesn't mean that you'll be able to sell yours for anywhere near that.

$500 seems fair. They're not as common as Wildkats or Alleykats.

If you search "completed listings" (you have to be registered) it will show you what things have sold for.

I searched epiphone flamekat and it only came back with two' date=' one for $499 and one for $400. both did not sell.[/quote']

That surprises me. If they were starting bids that high, it makes sense... no one wants to put an opening bid on something for what they're willing to pay for it, they'd rather bid low and work up.

Allright thanks, Seems fair to me also, and I apolgise for things like "Thoug hebay" I have a habbit of hitting space too early. I guess I have to sell my SG also, I don't want to but Times change and I need a better guitar.

I've seen Flamekats on CL here for ~ $400.... $1200 is insane, for that I'll sell you 2 nice guitars and you'll have enough left over for a "Happy Meal" at McDonalds mcsm.gif.................. blind.jpg

My local GC has had two of those hanging on the used rack for months. One at $400 and the other at $350. Neither have sold.

EG

Those FlameKats have always appealed to me. I'd snap one up for $350 if it was in good shape. Where is your GC located' date=' Elias? I'll give 'em a call and get the scoop on it ... and maybe have them transfer it to me! [blink

Jim

Archived