Gibson Brands Forums

Unknown Epiphone Electric Guitar

PeterDoherty

Okey dokey. This is an odd bird.

Fret marker configuration by model:

S-series - Shark tooth (except the S-400 - regular dots)

I-series - Top dots

Pro-series - Top dots

Pro-1&2 - Mark III

X-1000 - Chevron

This falls into none of these lists.

The body configuration (pickup route, knob & switch position) look like an i-435. But the pickups dont match the model. Its possible that the covers were removed (if thats even possble), or the pickups have been replaced, or its a custom guitar. The i-435 did not have the Steinberger trem as an option. Also, the neck seems to be from an S-400. The S-400 was the only higher end guitar that came with a maple fretboard. And none of them came with a sunburst finish from the S-400 and up.

Its obviously a bolt-neck, so we can rule out any of the set-neck models: X-1000, i935 & S-900.

And its not a Pro by any means, as they only had two pickups.

My guess is its a custom i435 with possibly a replacement or custom neck from an S-400.

I will save the pics and try to research into this model for my strat list.

I understand' date=' but seller wrote the guitar is fully original & free of any modification.

Do you think he's lying???[/quote']

If thats the case, then it must be a custom i435. He says that he has the original 'carton' that it came in. Maybe he has the paperwork as well? He called it an Epiphone-Gibson SKB. But SKB stands for Steinberger KB, so thats not the model of the guitar.

No, I dont think he is lying. Epiphone is known for putting out oddball limited runs of certain guitars. The neck was absolutely made for an S-400, but probably factory installed on this guitar as it is most likely a custom model. In case you were wondering, the older S-series necks from the 80's are fantastic. The S-series ran fron 1986-89. The I-series from 1989-91. The neck is most likely a leftover from the S-series and used for this 'custom' model. Also, the pickups could be Tech-II from the S-series as well...another leftover used for a custom.

All of this is really just an educated guess. You could always call Gibson and ask them if you want to know for sure.

He says that he has the original 'carton' that it came in.

Man, he first said: ''W gitarze nie dokonywano zadnych zmian - wszystkie elementy sa fabryczne.''

It is mean exactly: No changes were made in guitar - all elements are original.

I will ask him about documentation.

I calculate the current offer at about 90 Euros - in anybody's language that is a bargain!

Would certainly be worth it in my opinion, in fact if I could bid on it I would but she says no more until I get rid of a couple of mine - surely there is room for a little one like that!

Good luck if you are bidding, it would be a great guitar to own.

Guitar is already sold. I do not bought it because price was too high and I prefer other equipment...

What do you think about these Juniors?

http://www.allegro.pl/item1061671718_epiphone_les_paul_junior_reissue_p_90.html

http://www.allegro.pl/item1049046455_epiphone_junior_sg_pokrowiec.html

Number 2 is 2005 model - I saw serial number.

Up The Shambles - for death and glory.

LOL' date=' Charlie. Thats my website. That particular model isnt listed. Its got to be a factory Epiphone 'Partscaster' billed as a custom. Its the only logical conclusion.[/quote']

LOL! Cool!! Well....if you guys don't know (for sure) what it is...then???

CB

Archived