Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone G-400 question?

fantasupernova

You stole my other avatar!

The '66 G400 has a big batwing pickguard' date=' the G400 has a small one. Check this out, a new '66 G400 for $77...

[b']http://www.drumza.com/product/Epiphone-1966-G400-Electric-Guitar.html[/b]

It would be great if the website would tell you if that guitar is actually in one piece or not.....

seeing as they have quite a few listed at various prices ..with no stated condition of the instrument.

Yeah I always knew there was a difference with the pickguard and the finish but I heard that there was different pickups in the 1966 model. I heard it has alnico 2 magnets and the standard one has alnico 5 magnets. Is this true?

I don't think so. I think they both have 5s.

Yeah I always knew there was a difference with the pickguard and the finish but I heard that there was different pickups in the 1966 model. I heard it has alnico 2 magnets and the standard one has alnico 5 magnets. Is this true?

No, I think they're the same.

I have the G-400 with the small pick guard and love it. It is a remake of the '61 (or maybe '62 SG) while the other one is a remake of the '66 SG.

According to the Guitar Centre website mine has Dual Alnico V humbuckers while the '66 version has an Alnico Classic Plus bridge humbucker and an Alnico Classic neck humbucker. The Musicians Friend website lists the same info as does the GC website.

According to the Guitar Centre website mine has Dual Alnico V humbuckers while the '66 version has an Alnico Classic Plus bridge humbucker and an Alnico Classic neck humbucker. The Musicians Friend website lists the same info as does the GC website.

And those are the same. The Epiphone Classic and Classic+ pickups both use Alnico-V magnets.

Archived