Gibson Brands Forums

New to the forum Advice please

littlelegs

I understand it is the Ten-Pin Bowling term for all the pins down except for the 7-pin and the 10-pin, which are awkwardly situated to the extreme left and right respectively. Kind of like trying to bowl out BOTH batsmen simultaneously with a single ball.....

.....but then, what do I know !

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand it is the Ten-Pin Bowling term for all the pins down except for the 7-pin and the 10-pin' date=' which are awkwardly situated to the extreme left and right respectively. Kind of like trying to bowl out [b']BOTH[/b] batsmen simultaneously with a single ball.....

.....but then, what do I know !

Ah yes now I see. Although surely this can't be possible as the ball wouldn't able to deflect one pin through 90 degrees to hit the other?

Of course, it is not possible to get 2 batsmen out with the same ball as the ball automatically becomes dead when the first man is out.................sorry my trainee umpiring lessons are revealing themselves.

Picking up a 7-10 split is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UAvUDyWjmg

You can find anything on youtube.

I actually picked one up once, myself. But the guys I was bowling with wouldn't give me the spare. I bounced the ball off the side wall and it came back in and slid the 7 pin into the 10. They called it a gutter ball.

Picking up a 7-10 split is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UAvUDyWjmg

You can find anything on youtube.

I actually picked one up once' date=' myself. But the guys I was bowling with wouldn't give me the spare. I bounced the ball off the side wall and it came back in and slid the 7 pin into the 10. They called it a gutter ball.[/quote']

You were robbed, gearbasher! I'd have given you double points for that.

Hello One and all from the South east UK' date='

I have been reading a number of the topics on Gibson acoustics of late as I'm in a position to buy a top end guitar. I recently had a Taylor 414ce for about 6 months and just couldnt get on with it so it has now departed. I recently tried a Hummingbird and was really taken with the sweetness of the sound. This was up against a Martin DM (I think) I know theres a big difference in price and I wanted to compare it to a D18 or D28 but the shop didnt have one. I have considered a J45 but it just doesn't produce a sound I'm comfortable with. Clearly the sound/ look of a guitar is very much a personal thing but I am interested to hear opinions. I'm very close to buying the hummingbird and I know this sounds corny but ity felt like it had soul, certainly compared to my taylor which really felt souless.

Your opinions, advice, comments would be most welcome. just to let you know I play in an acoustic/electric duo and do most of the singing. My acoustic is/will be plugged into an AER alpha.

[/quote']I have been saving for a Martin D28 and today when i finally went to buy it, the sales man said "Have you tried the "song writer deluxe"?"

SOLD IN A SECOND

The songwriter just filled the shop with sound, it has a low action and a great neck

It can shout like thunder and whisper like a lover.......hey look I’m writing a song!

I have yet to read any reviews and i don't really care what the press or proletariat have to say it is the guitar for me.

Thank you Gibson

a job well done.

CC

there you have it! welcome to the swd arm of the forum. actually, seems like most of us have one. i'm proud to hear it beat out a D28 in the run for your money. i picked mine over the j45 hog.

enjoy and welcome to the forum. stop by and post pics if you got em.

Archived