Gibson Brands Forums

cheap beater for modding???

BSAKing

There was a thread on this a little while ago, and it focused mainly on Fleabay finds as I recollect. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to get a candidate beater from these guys or whether they are scam artists....[biggrin]

Qingyun Musical Instrument Co., Ltd - QINGDAO CHINA

BSA

Located in China - :- :- :-

Quick check shows they seem to deliberately cut off

the HEADSTOCK logo in their pics of gits. RUN AWAY!!!!!

MAKEE-FAKEE!!!!

Hit Ebay and Craigslist. I watched 3 LP Style guitars SELL

for $100 each + shipping yesterday. The thread you mentioned

was mine. It appears to be a "buyer's market" right now.

Just make sure seller is NOT in China, or isn't SHIPPING from

China. Ask a legit question of seller about guitar, check out

their response - will help determine if they are REALLY trying to sell

the git and are willing to respond/help, or if they're just a jerk trying to make

a quick buck.

I've bought several "Project/Beater" gits from ebay, just have to

make sure seller is real deal - feedback from others, how many stars,

how long a member, etc.

I have stuck to Craigslist for my "Cheap" electric finds. I like that I can hold it, play it and check it out fully before walking away with it. Ebay is too much of a crap shoot for me.

Yeah' date=' Craigslist, used guitar stores and pawn shops.[/quote'] Pawn shops near me bite !!! No deals to be made here at all on guitars ....although, interestingly enough, they sell new tubes and strings at prices that are as good or better than the local new guit shops - go figure....but their used guitars aren't worth looking at, considering I'm sure they paid little for them and want to charge nearly as much as a new one would cost. Craigslist is a great source - most folks there are eager to sell and need/want to sell - they'll likely get more $$$ than a pawnshop will give them, and you'll pay less than a pawnshop would want to charge you for the same guitar. Win/win

Last 5 years? I've bought several guitars from my local Pawn shops!

I got a "Dean" Playmate for 88 bucks, basically, a Strat w/ a humbucker - I took the pickup plate off and replaced it with a Strat pickup plate...

Then I found a brand new Fender Acoustic for the trade of a bunch of junk I had...

Finally, I bought a Jackasson guitar, a Dinky body style, three Seymour Duncan's, for a hundred-fifty - Only problem with THAT guitar, needs to be tuned, set up... The intonation was WAY off... Neck is a dream, sound is your basic Heavy Mental, and its got an upside-down headstock.

The trick is, NEVER tell the shop they got something decent, and try to get them to come down to about 150 or less... Right now, the same pawn shop, has a Jackasson, "Warrior" style 2-Humbugging + Floyd Rose, for 300 bucks, its actually a very nice guitar. But I loathe and despise "Warrior" shapes!

Archived