Gibson Brands Forums

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!

girlsgirlsgirls

Okay' date=' for the last few months i've known that i need a gibson les paul. But, i couldn't find the PERFECT one. Until now...

The Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique in Honey Burst finish. It's perfect.... AHH!!!=D>=P~ [/quote']

Nice.....

LPCAHBCH1.jpg

That truly is a beautiful guitar.

I tried one at Long and McQuade last week and It seemed very very light. I also looked at a n 05 Standard. I guess the CA just didn't feel like a Les Paul. I only play at home and mostly played sitting down. Lately I have been playing more and more in a standing position and I am "feeling" the weight of the guitars more and more so it might just be the correct way to go.

Have you had a chance to A/B them with the Classic's ceramic pickups. I am seriously thinking about an HC burst, and adding the covers and pickguard.

Good choice. My latest addition is a Classic Antique in Wine Red. I'm really liking the 57 Classic pickups, and the headstock binding gives the guitar a very classy look.

I'm still trying to figure out why Standards cost $200 more. Maybe it's the tuning machines?

Deep blue: I head over to the one in Burlington, Ontario when I get a chance. I have relatives in the area and I am about 45 mins down the Q in the Niagara area.

They had what looked like a demo model CA. It was in that dark red burst with the black back. It had the usual LMQ buckle rash from all the handling. I think it was on sale for 1899. I Passed. They had a couple of standards that were rentals. Yes they rent Gibson Standards! The one looked pretty good in HC burst, it was a 2005, but they wouldn't budge on the price at 2050. I can get a brand new one for 2200.

Brian

Stewie....

Hi neighbour!

Im in Stoney Creek. I pretty much go the the Burlington L&M

every month for one reason or another.

Thats where I bought my Les Paul a week or so ago. Yesterday I took

my SRV Strat in for a set up....

I have seen the LP's youre speaking of, I may have even taken them down to

try. Did you see the cherryburst supreme "scratch & dent" for sale?

• 2 weeks later...
Good choice. My latest addition is a Classic Antique in Wine Red. I'm really liking the 57 Classic pickups' date=' and the headstock binding gives the guitar a very classy look.

I'm still trying to figure out why Standards cost $200 more. Maybe it's the tuning machines?[/quote']

Someone just told me that the binding is an orange color because of the aging process.... please tell me they're wrong!!!!!

Stewie....

Hi neighbour!

Im in Stoney Creek. I pretty much go the the Burlington L&M

every month for one reason or another.

Thats where I bought my Les Paul a week or so ago. Yesterday I took

my SRV Strat in for a set up....

I have seen the LP's youre speaking of' date=' I may have even taken them down to

try. Did you see the cherryburst supreme "scratch & dent" for sale?[/quote']

Neato, I just found this forum a few days ago and so many people live right around me. I go to school at McMaster... live 15 minutes away by foot :).

Archived