Gibson Brands Forums

Wish Epiphone would make a Vintage Cherry "Lucille!"

charlie brown

Gibson' date=' makes a "Vintage Cherry" version, of "Lucille!" So, why not Epiphone?!

They (or we) could Christen it, "Lucille Ball!" ;>)

CB[/quote']

I read that BB King did the advising on Lucille for Epiphone...

and he wants the little guy to be able to afford and own a

Lucille.

Most of the time, BB King plays a BLACK Lucille and not

the red one.

Since most videos etc show BB King playing a black one,

that's good enough for me. I consider the REAL Lucille

(the one BB PLAYS) to be the BLACK one.

Well...to each his own, but I've always like the Red one's too! I have a black Gibson version, already...

So, it would be fun (for me, anyway) to get a Red one, as well....Gibson or Epi. Anyway...it was just

a thought.

I'd also like for Epiphone, to re-introduce a Cherry Sheraton w/mini-humbuckers. Sheraton II and Sheraton.

p1_uepa5enh4_st.jpg

Maybe I've watched the movie version, of The Runaways..."Cherry Bomb," too much...lately? Got "Cherry"

on the brain! LOL

CB

I thought the cherry red Gibson Lucille was discontinued? [confused]

Really???! I haven't heard that...but' date=' then Gibson does a lot of things, that I never hear about,

'til "after the fact!" So...???

Gosh[blush'] ...checking Gibson's "Lucille" site...you may be right. There's no "Cherry" finish listed, anymore.

BUMMER!!!

Guess I'll have to get an ES-345, in Antique Cherry, instead! And, that's not all bad! ;>)

CB

Really???! I haven't heard that...but' date=' then Gibson does a lot of things, that I never hear about,

'til "after the fact!" So...???

Gosh[blush'] ...checking Gibson's "Lucille" site...you may be right. There's no "Cherry" finish listed, anymore.

BUMMER!!!

Yeah, the Gibsons are only black now, (which I prefer anyways...) and they don't have the inlaid "Lucille" They have the "BB King" inlay like this:

gibsonbbkingheadstock.jpg

Archived