Gibson Brands Forums

Look what I just purchased...

AS90

• 2 weeks later...

Yep! people tell me not to as I will devalue it (it wont) but this is a players guitar not a museum piece!

even if it WAS a "museum piece" it's YOURS.......and unless you're planning on selling it (I know better) the "devalueing" comments are totally moot.

be sure to post up some pics when it's finished!!

People think being an Elitist makes it some sort of sacred cow, its not like I am drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa is it?! Its my guitar and probably always will be. I would take a well worn players axe covered in gaffer tape and scratches over a shiney display peice any day! Look what turned up anyway...

4b3e87b6.jpg

Im in the middle of a run of nine twelve hour night shifts so nothing will be done for a few days yet.

I just talked to Jeff Krumm the owner and designer of Savage Amps today and he said of an old Fender amp I had in for repair, "You have to decide, are you gonna play it or look at it?".

I'm gonna play it!

I love and own Epi Eliite-ists. That's why I love 'em.

Besides now you can route it for a Kahler Floyd Bigsby tap switch.

That is gonna be one sweet looking guitar man! I love it!

At the end of the day adding the frequensator just means a couple of extra holes near the strap pin, and taking it off is easily reversible.

Is that custom made plate one from an ebay seller? Are you gonna fill the tailpiece holes or just put the plate over them?

I got one when I fitted a bigsby to my '84 Matsumoko Riviera and it wouldn't stay on after I peeled off the sticky backing! I dirtied mine up with acrylic paint to take the whiteness off and make it look 25 years old, like my guitar.

this. Pretty sure his was original though, with no modifications and no need for a custom plate to cover up the tail-piece holes as none were ever there, but you've done a helluva job on yours! Looks great!

P.S. You might as well get the Manchester City football club sticker to put on the pickguard as well. [thumbup]

post-25468-045367600 1284194811_thumb.jpg

post-25468-040999200 1284194899_thumb.jpg

this. Pretty sure his was original though, with no modifications and no need for a custom plate to cover up the tail-piece holes as none were ever there, but you've done a helluva job on yours! Looks great!

P.S. You might as well get the Manchester City football club sticker to put on the pickguard as well. [thumbup]

Yes mate, that was my inspiration, Noel's were late 60s Sheratons I might even get the whole thing refinished with the Union Jack, wont need the custom plate then. As for the manshi**y sticker? [-X

I read/heard somewhere that the Sheraton Noel used on that tour and also at knebworth was one of the 250 limited guitars epiphone produced in the USA in 'the early/mid 90's. They also did 250 rivieras and some acoustics too. There is a video on YouTube where Noel talks a bit about his guitars and he has the very Sheraton there. Search Noel gallagher guitars on YouTube, pretty cool.

Archived