Gibson Brands Forums

New SG Finish?

SGplayer1994

I recently received a Gibson FaceBook update that said something about checking out the new Gibson LP Studio Robots. Being bored and having nothing better to do, I saw a finish called Midnight Manhattan.

It was the finish I had always dreamed of for an SG (I called my idea of the finish a Berry finish). I had thought of the idea while looking at my Cherry SG, and I thought, "This would look so nice if Gibson made a guitar with a transparent blue mahogany finish, just with white binding for the fret board."

I knew from that day on that if Gibson ever began making one-offs, that would be the one to have made. Now being 2010, they came out with the perfect finish! Click the Midnight Manhattan Finish if you haven't seen it yet

Anyways, slap that finish on an SG Standard, swap from creme to white binding and you have a stunning guitar IMO.

Just wanted to know what everybody else thought, perhaps even somebody from Gibson [biggrin]

I've always thought a dark purple finish with lots of grain showing through would be the sweetest looking SG. Pair that with a '67 body style (contour and taper) and a round but narrow neck and you have my dream SG. I think either p90s or humbuckers would be equally cool.

$3999 MSRP? Even if the street price is half of that, it's still a lot of money for a Studio (IMO).

Can someone tell me why anyone thinks a fancy paint job is worth a grand more than a not so fancy paint job?

No.......no I can not [confused] ...........the Raw Power SG comes in......9.........yes 9 different colors all at the same cost

Would definitely love way more color choices for SG's.

I just think they should start offering a choice between the large pickguard and the small pickguard--I love the large pickguard, but I've always thought the small one looked just a little better. I know that they require different bodies, but I think they could (and should) do that.

I'd also love to see them put out the tobacco burst again--with a small pickguard [drool] ...great, now I've got to clean up my keyboard.

I just think they should start offering a choice between the large pickguard and the small pickguard--I love the large pickguard, but I've always thought the small one looked just a little better. I know that they require different bodies, but I think they could (and should) do that.

I'd also love to see them put out the tobacco burst again--with a small pickguard [drool] ...great, now I've got to clean up my keyboard.

You can get the smaller pickguard, you just have to shell out the money for an RI.

You can get the smaller pickguard, you just have to shell out the money for an RI.

Yeah, I know.

I didn't want to shell out the money when I got my Faded, and I still don't want to shell out the money--not everyone has that option.

I was talking about a regular production model, not an overpriced Reissue. [rolleyes]

Yeah, I know.

I didn't want to shell out the money when I got my Faded, and I still don't want to shell out the money--not everyone has that option.

I was talking about a regular production model, not an overpriced Reissue. [rolleyes]

I knew what you meant, just stating the obvious. I kind of wish I had saved a few hundred bucks more and picked up a white RI but finding a white standard was difficult enough.

Archived