Gibson Brands Forums

YEAH! Got my tracking number tonight.

Steven Tari

Aw man, that rips. I just got a new pedal board, and I was geeked on that. I can only imagine how hyped you are. I'd be flipping the $#%$ out if I knew a ES-339 was on the way to me! Cheers.

The wait must be driving you nuts. I had the luxury of playing mine, buying it right there and then taking her home. The wait will be well worth it. There's been a lot of bad mouthing about Gibson (OK, I do it too) but this is one guitar I think they got right all the way. I also think it's one of the best new guitars to come out from any company in a very long time. You'll love it...and yes we want pictures!

Steven, congratulations on your new ES-339. [thumbup] I just got an CS-336 (Vintage Sunburst) this past March and I love it. It's the same size as your ES-339 only

it's made of mahogany (the sides and back are on carved piece with a center block) and a solid carved maple top as opposed to laminated maple like the ES-335 and ES-339.

That's the major difference, otherwise they look identical. The volume and tone knobs are different, too. My other semi-hollow is an Epiphone Sheraton II and

what a difference the size and the feel makes. I like the smaller Les Paul size bodies of the ES-339 and CS-336. Well I hope you enjoy your ES-339 as much as

I enjoy my CS-336. Gibson sure did a nice thing when they developed these guitars. =D> I also love the vast tonal/sonar palette the CS-336 and the '57 Classic

Humbuckers have.

Archived