Gibson Brands Forums

courage

Witmer

So I'm always egging other members on when it comes to sharing stuff you've recorded - now that I've got some of my own, I've got stage fright! 8-[

But most everyone here seems to know what they're talking about, and I do want to keep improving so: if you're interested check out these four songs I recorded with a friend and let fly with the constructive criticism. (Click on the 'album cover' to listen to the songs).

Peace.

Man your quality on the sound is top notch!! This stuff sound really good - you have nothing to be shy about! The mix is good and everything can be heard individually but it all comes together nicely as a song.

Is that you singing too? You have a good voice man!! Very nice work!!

Man your quality on the sound is top notch!! This stuff sound really good - you have nothing to be shy about! The mix is good and everything can be heard individually but it all comes together nicely as a song.

Is that you singing too? You have a good voice man!! Very nice work!!

Thanks, Shred. All done in GarageBand, including a number of the electric guitar amp models.

And no, that's my friend singing. He's a much stronger vocal, while I struggle with intonation sometimes. Consequently I have him sing even the melodies I write.

So I'm always egging other members on when it comes to sharing stuff you've recorded - now that I've got some of my own, I've got stage fright! 8-[

But most everyone here seems to know what they're talking about, and I do want to keep improving so: if you're interested check out these four songs I recorded with a friend and let fly with the constructive criticism. (Click on the 'album cover' to listen to the songs).

Peace.

WHY? Dude that sounds very nice, you need to conquer your fear and just do it. Recording is better than good!

WHY? Dude that sounds very nice, you need to conquer your fear and just do it. Recording is better than good!

Mostly because if everyone on this forum could be in one big jam room, pretty much everyone would be playing circles around me. It takes me a long time to put decent parts together, and so I wonder when I should really call things "done." But you're right, I need to just do it - and thanks for the kind words!

I couldn't listen to your songs but I doubt everyonehere could play circles around you.

I have some recordings of improvised jams of my first band but I don't think I can post them. I don't have a computer. Anyone know of a way to post songs off an iPhone?

I couldn't listen to your songs but I doubt everyonehere could play circles around you.

I have some recordings of improvised jams of my first band but I don't think I can post them. I don't have a computer. Anyone know of a way to post songs off an iPhone?

I don't know a way, sorry. But when it comes to improvised jams, I'm much more comfortable as the bassist, since guitar parts are much harder for me to write.

I get over stage fright when I see people enjoying the music. With drums it's easier 'cause I'm in the back, with guitar, I gotta stay up front and it feels pretty funny.

Anyway, I'm just there to make the music happen, I still don't enjoy people eyeballing me too much and I've been playing for years.

I couldn't listen to your songs ...

The link you provided wont allow me to listen [confused]

I've puzzled over this and can only think of two things: 1. The site is mostly flash, so maybe your browser doesn't like flash-intensive stuff? Or 2. the site design (it's a template) is not the greatest and it wasn't clear to you that you have to click on the album art in order to hear the music? :-k

Archived