Gibson Brands Forums

Just when you think all guitar topics have been covered.....

onewilyfool

Steve Martin once joked, that Cocain was God's way of telling you, you had too much money. "Can a 'full moon' affect guitar tone ??" This is God's way of telling you to get a life!!! Really, this guy should be playing more, and surfing less.......lol.....perhaps this could apply to all of us???....lol.....

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192611

Hey, they really got a party goin' overthere. The thought is funny (and if there's still moisture in the woods. . . ) Then again, naaaarh.

Ever listened to a halfgood sounding album just after a very good sounding one. The first third of the first track appears to be poorer, then your ears ajust and accept - mine do anyway. Lots of all this seem to happen in our mind and ears. Sometimes there a worlds difference between 2 rooms. Other times a little over/under/whatever presure stays near the membrane in there and when you hold your nose to blow it out, everything changes - for better or worse.

Still the idea of gettin' hands on a guitar that has been sleeping f.x. a couple of months and finding it totally dead untill you within 10-15 minutes wakes it back to life, seems real to me. Happened to several times back on the path.

Any thoughts - I'm all ears

It might make a good Twilight Zone story if you can add werewoves into the "full moon" part of it, but I imagine the atmosphere, clearness of the air, temperature have a huge effect on how an instruement sounds. Don't know if the moon has anything to do with it, unless the instrument is a banjo. [biggrin] ,..........If you evern go outside late at night when it's very, very cold and clap your hands, the echo and sustain can be really dramatic. I never intentionally take a wooden guitar outside in that kind of weather to play it, but I did it often with a Rainsong. The clarity of the notes was almost unnatural. The guitar never sounded like that at other times.

Experts will tell you that the 'astral conditions' which pulls water during fullmoon, in reality happens twice a month. Still people only tend to feel strange when they can see or know it's happening. Even though the high/low tide speaks a pretty convincing language, some hokus pokus allready starts there.

The myth and being sensitive to it fascinates a lot of folks. And it's easy to see why. A bit the same with these acoustics. Yes, yes, they are alive and react to different circumstances, sure they do/are, but also they function as some kind of measure-sticks for their holders. Like friends or pets, they in some way reflect our state of being - physically, mentally, spiritually and so. Might be another reason we treasure them so much.

the acouStic moNk

, , , and for missouripicker : What is a rainsong ?

The only thing I can add is this: On full moon nights, it is a little more difficult to PLAY the guitar with the extra hair on my hands...but really has nothing to do with the guitar itself....

Shaddup and comb you face!

Archived