Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Admin-mods-employers, please READ!

morty

Morty,

When we started producing guitars again in late July the Gold Top 50's Tributes took awhile to get going. They just started trickling out of Nashville a couple of weeks ago. We now have a good number in the production pipeline.

Here's the catch for you. We ship via ocean container to our Europe warehouse which means a four to six week time-frame between leaving Nashville and guitars starting to show up at UK and European dealers. I don't know where you stand in line, within the customer orders Andertons has taken, but it looks like they will get a handful of Goldtops toward the end of September or early October. They will recieve more Gold Tops a month or two after that initial batch.

That's about as close an answer as we can give right now. And believe me, we are planning an producing more than 96 Gold Tops.

Hope that helps

Kevin Young

yes! thanks for that reply, that's the answer i was looking for haha! i am 3rd in que, apparently andertons gets them shipped to Holland then by van to the uk, so yeah im 3rd in que so looks great for me! thanks alot kevin and gibson![thumbup] [thumbup]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morty,

When we started producing guitars again in late July the Gold Top 50's Tributes took awhile to get going. They just started trickling out of Nashville a couple of weeks ago. We now have a good number in the production pipeline.

Here's the catch for you. We ship via ocean container to our Europe warehouse which means a four to six week time-frame between leaving Nashville and guitars starting to show up at UK and European dealers. I don't know where you stand in line, within the customer orders Andertons has taken, but it looks like they will get a handful of Goldtops toward the end of September or early October. They will recieve more Gold Tops a month or two after that initial batch.

That's about as close an answer as we can give right now. And believe me, we are planning an producing more than 96 Gold Tops.

Hope that helps

Kevin Young

hey, could you tell me at all if gibson will be sending any to andertons of the goldtop colour, got an email from gibson Europe saying "These guitars have all been sold out by the way, so we cannot guarantee that you will actually receive one of these". i don't think gibson Europe have a clue, and the store has guaranteed i will get mine as they have been allocated 20 by gibson, but with some stores selling more than they have been allocated just need a real answer , so if you could confirm gibson have allocated 20 goldtops to andertons, just pm if you want, thanks

hey, could you tell me at all if gibson will be sending any to andertons of the goldtop colour, got an email from gibson Europe saying "These guitars have all been sold out by the way, so we cannot guarantee that you will actually receive one of these". i don't think gibson Europe have a clue, and the store has guaranteed i will get mine as they have been allocated 20 by gibson, but with some stores selling more than they have been allocated just need a real answer , so if you could confirm gibson have allocated 20 goldtops to andertons, just pm if you want, thanks

Dude, this is really getting old... I'm just sayin'...

I don't know where you stand in line, within the customer orders Andertons has taken, but it looks like they will get a handful of Goldtops toward the end of September or early October. They will recieve more Gold Tops a month or two after that initial batch.

That's about as close an answer as we can give right now.

A handful, then more...seems as detailed as he can get, no??

i am 3rd in que...and the store has guaranteed i will get mine

Understand your concern - a bit, but isn't this enough?

Mate, I expect you'll be listening to the sound of crickets chirping soon... or more of us Members chiming in. I seriously doubt you'll get more from Gibson (didn't you say you're third? And as quoted above, didn't Gibson say Andertons was getting some in Sept., and then more later? What more are you after???). Harumph.

Mate, I expect you'll be listening to the sound of crickets chirping soon... or more of us Members chiming in. I seriously doubt you'll get more from Gibson (didn't you say you're third? And as quoted above, didn't Gibson say Andertons was getting some in Sept., and then more later? What more are you after???). Harumph.

yes,but gibson europe finally replied by saying

"These goldtop guitars have not yet been sent to us, but due to the flood in Nashville in May, the USA facility is still behind on schedule.It's difficult to tell when they will arrive. These guitars have all been sold out by the way, so we cannot guarantee that you will actually receive one of these. |"

maybe gibson europe are just saying this anyway

yes,but gibson europe finally replied by saying

"These goldtop guitars have not yet been sent to us, but due to the flood in Nashville in May, the USA facility is still behind on schedule.It's difficult to tell when they will arrive. These guitars have all been sold out by the way, so we cannot guarantee that you will actually receive one of these. |"

maybe gibson europe are just saying this anyway

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

`

Y'know ... no one's actually *forcing* anyone else to

read this thread. If it amuses you, keep reading. If it

does not, don't read. I just read the whole thread for

the first time ... and now we return me to our regular

sceduled reality.

`

Morty, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but all of the goldtops allocated for Andertons were inadvertantly scattered among the various Sam Arse stores in the UK. Some git who just walked into the Camden Sam Arse is now playing Buzzcocks covers with your GT.

guys your the joke taking the pi ss, cant you read the title it says "Gibson Admin-mods-employers, please READ!" meaning gibson customer service to read, the reason i made a thread is because the wouldn't reply to pms [thumbup] [thumbup]

Archived