Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Admin-mods-employers, please READ!

morty

hey gibson, i am currently excitedly waiting for a- gibson 50s tribute in gold top, i have been waiting since- may the 20th for this guitar and they are starting to appear in the US. i currently live in the UK and the store i ordered from is andertons in the UK, i have emailed them a few times asking them an expected delivery date they couldn't tell me when they will receive them, today i have just emailed them asking if they have had a shipment yet and they replied saying "We have had a delivery today however we have had every colour but gold come in!" could you please tell me if you have sent any goldtops to andertons in the UK if so how many and when, i am surprised you didn't send any goldtops in the shipment. so could please(gibson) please tell me when i will get my goldtop gibson!

thanks!

right this is becoming a joke, yes i know i should wait, but i have being waiting since may for this guitar, people are starting to get these guitars and the shop i ordered from has received a batch of every colour but the gold top, and i read on the thread for these guitars only 96 are being made in each colour- have you-Gibson- sent any gold tops at all to andertones in the UK? if so when? i am sure you will be able to tell me as you have already told a member on this forum but about a different shop, so after around 6 different email sent 5 days ago, 6 emails sent to admins/customer service on this forum and 2 threads ](*,) ](*,) i am just asking you to tell me -

1-have you sent any les paul 50s tribute goldtop to andertons in the UK?

2- if so how many?

3 -and when did yiu send them?

thanks alot![rolleyes] [rolleyes]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have not had a reply i sent 2 messages a made another thread, yep i will keep asking until someone will give me a delivery date, i find it weird that the shop doesn't know when they will receive a shipment date

thanks

Morty, I sympathize with you, I really do. And I understand you don't want to "miss the boat" so to speak, and that you've been waiting longer than most of us.

Just keep in mind too though, that these are just now beginning to be delivered to dealers. Gibson has done a great job of getting back into production and getting these out the door. And their announced schedule has them going out from now until December. I do hope the store you're dealing with takes care of you, and they probably will (certainly should!). But I'm not sure Gibson is going to answer your question directly (they haven't so far, did you try messaging the one Customer Service person that did mention something about an order in the UK?).

Best of luck, I hope you get your guitar real soon [thumbup] .

Morty, I sympathize with you, I really do. And I understand you don't want to "miss the boat" so to speak, and that you've been waiting longer than most of us.

Just keep in mind too though, that these are just now beginning to be delivered to dealers. Gibson has done a great job of getting back into production and getting these out the door. And their announced schedule has them going out from now until December. I do hope the store you're dealing with takes care of you, and they probably will (certainly should!). But I'm not sure Gibson is going to answer your question directly (they haven't so far, did you try messaging the one Customer Service person that did mention something about an order in the UK?).

Best of luck, I hope you get your guitar real soon [thumbup] .

hey thanks, yes i messaged the admin in the big thread on these guitars, where he told the member about the particular stores shipment in the UK, and no reply. i just wanted to know if and how many of the gts had been shipped to andertons in the UK. These guitars are such beauties!

Maybe instead of email , call Gibson customer service. I'll say this Morty, good things come to who wait ...darn good advice there...

+1

Also are you emailing customer service or are you messaging the forum administrators?

try using this email

service@gibson.com

right this is becoming a joke, yes i know i should wait, but i have being waiting since may for this guitar, people are starting to get these guitars and the shop i ordered from has received a batch of every colour but the gold top, and i read on the thread for these guitars only 96 are being made in each colour- have you-Gibson- sent any gold tops at all to andertones in the UK? if so when? i am sure you will be able to tell me as you have already told a member on this forum but about a different shop, so after around 6 different email sent 5 days ago, 6 emails sent to admins/customer service on this forum and 2 threads ](*,)](*,) i am just asking you to tell me -

1-have you sent any les paul 50s tribute goldtop to andertons in the UK?

2- if so how many?

3 -and when did yiu send them?

thanks alot![rolleyes] [rolleyes]

The question should be "did your dealer order any?" If they did not order one, they are not going to get one. Gibson is not going to give out shipping information on when and what they shipped to a dealer and post it on a forum. As mentioned, you should call Customer Service or directly email them and they will help you locate one if your dealer can not help you. Customer service does not continuously monitor this forum. Please realize that the factory was flooded and closed for a long time. (I am posting this immediately after getting your first message to a mod.)

hey, i understand the factory was flooded, sorry about that. but on the huge thread about this guitar, why was a mod able to answer a shipping information question but you wont now? i just want to know how many goldtops andertons are being sent, shop wont tell me as they dont know, who do i ask then?

phone Andertons, They've gotta know how many they ordered. I think I dropped lucky when i was told that one of each was going to pmt manchester. But i'd already been told that by the guy who works at pmt on the phone. I've just skimmed andertons website and they have 4 white ones in stock.

phone Andertons, They've gotta know how many they ordered. I think I dropped lucky when i was told that one of each was going to pmt manchester. But i'd already been told that by the guy who works at pmt on the phone. I've just skimmed andertons website and they have 4 white ones in stock.

yeah they received a batch of them every colour but gold, that i don't understand, shop cant tell me when they will get any, who do i ask?- haha!

Yeah, It seems like the uk got a load of the other colours, but also we haven't heard of any cancelations in the uk. I reckon we'll get ours in september or october. I haven't heard anything else from my guy. Looking back the mod didn't give me any info, I didn't already no just confirmed the 'one of each' because i was thinking about canceling my order. Maybe they can't provide dealer's private info, but they could confirm some information a dealer has given you is correct.

Yeah, It seems like the uk got a load of the other colours, but also we haven't heard of any cancelations in the uk. I reckon we'll get ours in september or october. I haven't heard anything else from my guy. Looking back the mod didn't give me any info, I didn't already no just confirmed the 'one of each' because i was thinking about canceling my order. Maybe they can't provide dealer's private info, but they could confirm some information a dealer has given you is correct.

with this new rumor of there is only 96 of each colour being made, i think gibson could help out just by saying how many a store has been allocated,

Your dealer is the one who is authorized by Gibson to handle your business and deal with any problems you may have with your purchase. When you're in the process of buying a guitar, you can't expect to ask the manufacturer questions that the dealer won't answer. It's the dealer's job to give you those answers.

It's not Gibson's responsibility to tell you where your guitar is in the production process. They're too busy making your guitar.

As stated, shipping info will not be posted on a forum. You need to directly contact Customer service.

customersupport@gibson.com

or call 800-4-gibson

thanks have emailed them, will they give these details though? i understand that the shop should be telling me this, but they say they don't know, just thought gibson have recorded details when or if they have sent them- thanks alot!

yeah they received a batch of them every colour but gold, that i don't understand, shop cant tell me when they will get any, who do i ask?- haha!

Morty,

When we started producing guitars again in late July the Gold Top 50's Tributes took awhile to get going. They just started trickling out of Nashville a couple of weeks ago. We now have a good number in the production pipeline.

Here's the catch for you. We ship via ocean container to our Europe warehouse which means a four to six week time-frame between leaving Nashville and guitars starting to show up at UK and European dealers. I don't know where you stand in line, within the customer orders Andertons has taken, but it looks like they will get a handful of Goldtops toward the end of September or early October. They will recieve more Gold Tops a month or two after that initial batch.

That's about as close an answer as we can give right now. And believe me, we are planning an producing more than 96 Gold Tops.

Hope that helps

Kevin Young

Archived