Gibson Brands Forums

R9 is R9-less

Tim Plains

Well, I still have Pearly but it's not a regular R9.

I've been going through all my guitars and selling all the ones I'm not 100% happy with (tone, feel, looks - all three).

I traded my 2007 R9 towards a PRS Private Stock and I sold my 2009 R9 recently. Guess that now makes R9...R9-less!!

I bought an R0 back in July and I'm buying another one tomorrow - maybe I should change my name here to R0? [lol]

Hmmm...this quote from Tim is from another recent post

"What are you talking about? I haven't bought a guitar since July!!

...actually, I'm getting another soon but I'm done selling. " (I would add the little Whistling Smiley here, but he's not working) :)

Good on ya' Timbo.

Sometimes we fall out of complete love with our instruments. As they say, when the love is gone...move on. With money as it is these days its best to use what you have to trade for what you want.

Youll always be R9 to me. Look at KFC. The colonel sold the rights to it in the 1960's, but he was, and still is the face of the company.

am I rambling? lol

I'll just add, it's Tim's money ,he's a grown up and can do what ever he wants with it, that's my two cents. Ok maybe not, I don't care what anybody else does, it is what I do that matters to me. If Tim wants to buy and sell guitars, that's his choice and I'm sure it's fun to do that.

Neo, you're right...I am a good guy, dammit! [biggrin]

Life is good. Not much is new, just the ol' work & sleep routine.

R9 is constantly looking for the guitar that has so much tone it makes up for his inability to play. :-"

I can't argue there. They can make guitars that tune themselves but what I need is a guitar that plays itself. Then my skills will really shine. [biggrin]d***

Hmmm...this quote from Tim is from another recent post

I say lots of things...

Begbie? WTF is a Begbie??

+1 to anything & everything deepblue says. [biggrin]

I don't see the big deal here. I sold a flame top R9 and am getting a flame top R0 for just a few hundred dollars more (including shipping). What's the harm?

A Begbie is that angry Scotsman in Trainspotting....i think.

Top of the class.

Everyone in Scotland knows instinctively that the one person to avoid annoying at all costs is any rather weedy looking psychotic alcoholic with a rather mad glint in his eyes...

Archived