Gibson Brands Forums

Guitars to the grave?

46 and 2

Tiny Tim was buried with his "axe". Not sure I'd do the same. I'll pass them on.

His 'axe' was more like a hatchet, wasn't it?

I've had thoughts about having someone play "Mountain Dew" or other up beat song, over my grave, then El Kabonging my Epiphone FT145SB over my grave stone, then tossing the shards on top my casket before they cover me over with sod. She isn't worth much to anyone but me. She can be a bit cantankerous and hard to play at times so I'm not sure she would survive long after my passing. That and if my body is eventually reunited with my soul, I'd rather have 'Epi' to play along with the "Here Ever After" band, than any one else.

Can't get my brain wrapped around cremation. Probably an all right deal, It just seams so final though. [scared]

Maybe somebody didn't trust that he was dead...

I'm pretty sure that's where the term "Graveyard shift" came from Joaquin. Back in the days of lead cutlery, lead plates, lead makeup, well, lead everything, a person could suffer from a bad case of lead poisoning, which I guess closely mimics death. Anyway, since medicine back then was basically "eh, probably he's dead, get his shoes" they would burry these poor souls.

People would claim that they heard spooky sounds from the graveyards and when the dug up some of the graves they found claw marks all along the inside of the box. The resolution was to attach a bell to a string that ran down into the coffin that people could ring if they weren't you know, dead and they'd come dig them out. The person sitting waiting to hear the bell was on "graveyard shift".

I think that's how it goes anyway.

I plan to be cremated. (I fear rising from the grave as a zombie, LOL!)

I was thinking to have a nice display case of my urn and my SG Jr. within, but I may pass it along with my other guitars or donate it.

This thread made me think of this tho, what about a plexi guitar made with a cavity to have your ashes poured inside it?

Then they can play YOU on your birthday or something, LOL - that might be a great way to go.

When I die I want to take my ex wife with me.

Hopefully I'll out live her. She wasn't a guitar. But she was a battle 'axe'.

I was an undertaker for 8 years. So I have an insight.

Totally pointless taking a guitar with you. Give it to the kids.

I was thinking to have a nice display case of my urn and my SG Jr. within,

what about a plexi guitar made with a cavity to have your ashes poured inside it?

Then they can play YOU on your birthday or something, LOL - that might be a great way to go.

both way cool and creepy, me likey.

Archived