Gibson Brands Forums

Video Game Music

Jantha

Jantha, if you're into that kind of thing I highly, highly recommend Tommy Tallarico's Video Games Live (VGL). He does symphonic arrangements of popular and well done game music. I wish I could see a show but none have come to Canada other than maybe Toronto :(

Here, enjoy;

Here's the website;

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

However, I have to admit that I'm more familiar with horror movie soundtracks. My favorite out of those is the one from the 1979 cult schlock-fest Phantasm.

Oh man.. Phantasm is one of my favorite horror flicks. Hearing that song really takes me back hehe.

I would love to do it, but I fear I couldn't bring sometihng together as well as these guys. Aside from Nintendo's music department, there's a guy named Yasonuri Mitsuda (I think that's how it's spelled) who did the music to Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, I LOVE that sound track. Just search for any of his stuff guaranteed awesome.

That and a local band here, called Nerd Army, I think they have some youtube stuff, and they've even done some Meganman and Contra Stuff.

(I'm big into video games lol)

HALO REACH! Less than 7 days now.

I would love to do it, but I fear I couldn't bring sometihng together as well as these guys. Aside from Nintendo's music department, there's a guy named Yasonuri Mitsuda (I think that's how it's spelled) who did the music to Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, I LOVE that sound track. Just search for any of his stuff guaranteed awesome.

That and a local band here, called Nerd Army, I think they have some youtube stuff, and they've even done some Meganman and Contra Stuff.

(I'm big into video games lol)

HALO REACH! Less than 7 days now.

What edtion halo you getting?

Oh and my fav video game music is Fallout and elder scrolls oblvion.

It just lightens me up when i hear it.

To be fair, that's what Bungie said about 3, Microsoft was very intent on Bungie producing another one, me thinks.

Yes but mind you Bungie did leave microsoft and is a lone gaming company now.

They might make the next halo, who knows. I hope they do since we still dont know what really happend to Cheif.

I think I can help you there too. Bungie made a game a long time ago called "Marathon". It included a main character who was called the "security Officer" who was a Cyborg (possibly John, Spartan 117), with an A.I construct in his head (possibly Cortana). He explored an unknown mechanical planet and was basically a super soldier.

Anyway, at the end of Halo 3, if you beat it on Legendary, you see the severed half of the Frigate that got cut in half in the hyper-space window they used to escape. Cortana puts chief in the stasis chamber and tells him she'll call on him when he needs him. Then they zoom out and you see this large mechanical looking planet in the distance and the severed ship floating towards it.

We're not sure but that might be Bungie's games coming full circle.

Reach won't tell us anything tbecause it takes place before the events of the first Halo.

Archived