Gibson Brands Forums

Most boreing places in the world?

dem00n

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I wasn't into hunting and wasn't much of a partier. Yeah, the Centroplex... I did see ELO there. Cortana mall was ok, but got old after a while. Woodland, huh? That rings a bell. We lived in Sherwood Forest, and it was cool. There wer parks there and we used to play baskeball and ride our bikes. I mean, for a State capital, at least for me, it wasn't like Austin, Texas. If you compare them both, you know what I'm talking about. Nice to see someone where from old stomping grounds! [thumbup]

Yeah, it sure ain't Austin. I still visit BR regularly, though. Mom, Dad, Sis, and plenty of old friends still there.

I grew up about a 5 minute bike ride from Sherwood Forest Blvd., just off of Coursey. I had a lot of good times there. Seems I run into Baton Rouge people just about everywhere I go. [thumbup]

Yeah, it sure ain't Austin. I still visit BR regularly, though. Mom, Dad, Sis, and plenty of old friends still there.

I grew up about a 5 minute bike ride from Sherwood Forest Blvd., just off of Coursey. I had a lot of good times there. Seems I run into Baton Rouge people just about everywhere I go. [thumbup]

Hah, do you remember there was (still is?) a golf course next to Sherwood F.? My younger brother, about 10 y.o. then, and his cohorts used to go there and mess with the course. They'd dig holes and throw balls everywhere... They got busted by cops or security one day, and brought each home. He got a whooping that day... I'm sure he has a lot of respect for golf courses now... LOL. [lol]

My folks live in a tiny little Tennessee town. No one there uses their blinkers because everyone knows where you live. [tongue] They are too far in the country for internet, they wont get cable, and my cell phone wont pick up out there. It's a relaxing, peaceful place...for about 15 minutes. Then I just go sit on the porch and watch the grass grow...

Hah, do you remember there was (still is?) a golf course next to Sherwood F.? My younger brother, about 10 y.o. then, and his cohorts used to go there and mess with the course. They'd dig holes and throw balls everywhere... They got busted by cops or security one day, and brought each home. He got a whooping that day... I'm sure he has a lot of respect for golf courses now... LOL. [lol]

Yep. The Sherwood Forest Country Club. I never had the money for a country club membership, so I played the BREC courses. I lived in Shenandoah, for a few years. We had a country club when I was there, but it's been closed and developed since then. When I was growing up, I always wanted to live in Shenandoah. I lived that dream, and I still miss that place.

Oh, and speaking of boring....

I was watching "Heroes" last night, on G4, and the indestructible girl lives in Odessa, TX. Another boring place, to me. Of course, I go there for work, from time to time, and all my time is spent either working, or hangin' around in a Holiday Inn. I'm sure I could go out and "find some fun", but I try to be a good boy, these days.

Archived