Gibson Brands Forums

Let's make sure this NEVER happens

WahKeen

A couple years ago, WalMart sold an electronic 'toy' guitar. I don't remember how the fretting worked but there were no strings. The strumming, however, was accomplished by raking your finger/thumb over a sensor located where a soap bar pickpup would be if'n it had a pick up. It appeared to be a motion sensor. It had a Gibson headstock and logo. They were selling for $25.00. These seemed to be better than your normal Fischer-Price toy guitar. After I left the store I thought it'd be cool just to hang on the wall and play with once in a while. [cursing] I am still kicking myself in the butt for not buying one. I haven't seen these since.

Anyone know what these are called and if they are still being sold?

A couple years ago, WalMart sold an electronic 'toy' guitar. I don't remember how the fretting worked but there were no strings. The strumming, however, was accomplished by raking your finger/thumb over a sensor located where a soap bar pickpup would be if'n it had a pick up. It appeared to be a motion sensor. It had a Gibson headstock and logo. They were selling for $25.00. These seemed to be better than your normal Fischer-Price toy guitar. After I left the store I thought it'd be cool just to hang on the wall and play with once in a while. [cursing] I am still kicking myself in the butt for not buying one. I haven't seen these since.

Anyone know what these are called and if they are still being sold?

The Tiger - Power Tour Gibson SG?

power-tour-guitar.jpg

I actually have one of these. Someone bought it for my daughter for her birthday one year. She got bored with it, so now it hangs out with my real guitars for sh!ts and giggles.

Heh. I guess I am a Gibson owner after all. HAHAHA!

The Tiger - Power Tour Gibson SG?

power-tour-guitar.jpg

I actually have one of these. Someone bought it for my daughter for her birthday one year. She got bored with it, so now it hangs out with my real guitars for sh!ts and giggles.

Heh. I guess I am a Gibson owner after all. HAHAHA!

I think thats the law-suit model.

Yes im serious

I saw a article on Game Informer a long time ago that guitar hero was being sued by Gibson for not asking them to use the Gibson name.

This isnt Guitar Hero. Its an electronic toy guitar. But I'll look into it anyway. When I was searching for the pic, I noticed that there were newer ones that were slightly different and the center of the open-book headstock was really deep. Didnt look Gibson-ish at all.

This isnt Guitar Hero. Its an electronic toy guitar. But I'll look into it anyway. When I was searching for the pic, I noticed that there were newer ones that were slightly different and the center of the open-book headstock was really deep. Didnt look Gibson-ish at all.

Oh, there goes my smartness to guitar controllers. [lol]

Ill just stick with a xbox...

`

It's just probably me, but I still don't get it.msp_confused.gif

I suspect [not so sure here] that you're missing

one point. Each "Artiste" is portrayed above his

ax ... at least in the approximation of the mind

and humorous [?] intent of the cartoonist. Thaz

why the colorful buttons on the game controller

ax is the only color in the image ... so you will

notice what ax the nerd in the portrait played.

IOW, the cartoon isn't meant to be a peek into

a museum of collectible guitars... more like it's

showing us a historical display .... a wall-hung

documentary piece, like maybe at a Hard Rock

Cafe ... but [shudder] maybe it's at Woodstock,

Monterey, or Altamont?

`

I'd like to see some of them try to play a real guitar.

That's my position.

I've told a few guys that they could stop by the NeoCon Compound sometime and I'd hang a Les Paul on 'em...

... and plug it into a full Marshall stack.

"Go ahead, play something. Anything. Yeah, don't mind that hum - it ain't gonna hurt you. Well, I don't think it will..."

[woot][lol][scared] :blink:

Archived