Gibson Brands Forums

fresh meat

markwillplay

Well am not really much of a flatpicker...I have a buddy who is...should have got him to play on this one with me. Fun tune to do live http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=9716080&q=hi&newref=1 This one is all the original jumbo...everything capoed way up so you do lose the bottom but it is not one of those "full bodied" guitar only tunes. I share at my own risk [wink]

Very good! The vocal is excellent, Mark! And the Jumbo's got that good ol' Gibson tone, even choked up and it works very well with your voice. "Hear that whistle blooooooooooooooooooooow" harmony does a very credible job of a train whistle. Take this live as a duo if you haven't already. Very well done. You, sir, have a talent. =D>

Hi Mark,

I am having a bit of trouble with your link. Maybe you could post it again or in a different form?

I am very interested in hearing some acoustically faithful music from your Jumbo. We have an old one (1935) that has proved to be one of the best all round guitars we have ever had (or played). I am quite interested in how it sounds compared to other "Jumbo" renditions.

-- dead flat, no processing at all.

I look forward to hearing your stuff.

Best,

-Tom

Archived