Gibson Brands Forums

Traditional roll call

Silverbursted

Surf,

yeah, it's PCB. next time i'm playing out i'll be sure to have a video camera w/me and go through some of the tones i listed above, as it's impossible to do so at apartment volume levels - the amp really needs to be cranked. in the meantime though, there are some really good sound clips on the VM forum site if you want to take a peek.

Oil,

the JVM is a great amp! that too was also on my short list when i was comparison shopping. i just couldn't resist the KT66's...

*I feel like I totally hijacked this thread - sorry to all!

Tisk' date=' tisk, SB...very rude to exclude non Traditional owners. :D

Are you sure yours is real?

That sticker on the T pickup reminds me of the sticker that comes on Chinese copy LPs. :D[/quote']

Now Tim, you know better than that...everyone is welcome as always. I was thinking along the lines of the Silverburst thread that has been going around for quite awhile.

I figured it would be great to see these in one place, since they are a new line. Besides, since it's election season here in the colonies, I would run for President of the Nation of Traditional's. Can I count on your vote??? Of course I would name you as Secretary of Reissue. Hehehe

If you are into the old school Marshall vibe' date=' then you might want to take a look at the vintage modern. The whole point of the design and manufacturing of the amp is based on getting back to basics with the vintage marshall tone. [/quote']

Yeah, the JCM 800 is where I draw the line.

I have a 1981 with vertical inputs - one less thing on a circuit board.

My preference is for the ones that came before it, I will own a few someday.

If the VM wants to impress me, it needs to look like a 40 year old amp when I pull the back cover.

A shiny, new, 40 year old amp.

I've been looking at the old Plexi, Bassman, etc, for a long time.

Stumbled across the JCM from a guy I know and trust, so I grabbed it.

Collectabilty as much as anything.

Neo,

I love the JCM800. I think they sound incredible - particularly the early ones like you have. Rock Monster.

Naradien,

yeah, those RR reissues are hot looking amps. I live in NYC though, so I have to take public transportation (cabs) to I need a combo. also, 50W is more than enough for me.

can't say I'm sold on Randall KH. from the looks of the interviews KH has done on the amp, I'm not sure he's sold on it either :)

Archived