Gibson Brands Forums

Update: I bought the ES-339

davidl

Great looking pics! Congrats again. Please tell us your honest thoughts on it. Did it meet your expectations?

My honest thoughts? More than met my expectations. The first thing I noticed was how the sound resonates against your body. You can really feel it.

It felt like home immediately. I don't know if it is the 57 classics or the build but the tone in any pickup selection is beautiful. Cleans are wholesome with plenty of growl when you want it.

I think that if I were only able to have one electric guitar, it would be this one. Very versatile. I would fight anyone who tried to tell me that I can't have my Les Pauls too though.

Glad I don't have that decision to make.

Only got about an hour on it last night but will get more play time this weekend for sure.

Dave

Wow! What a beauty. Congrats! [thumbup]

I got to really play it tonight. Jammed away with a really accomplished player and teacher and gained such an appreciation for this guitar.

I predict that this will become an increasingly popular choice for a do it all guitar. It was only introduced in 2007. Watch the popularity soar.

Try one...I dare you...and sorry to your significant other (if it applies), doesn't quite understand the mentality.

Dave

Archived