Gibson Brands Forums

is this guy selling fakes, Even the epi zakk has standard humbuckers

Rizz

The open book headstocl looks to shallow to me and the control cavity cover- what's up with that.

The Wylde git says emg hz's in the discription but those are regular epi hb's. Seems like a lot of trouble to counterfit an epi or even to change out the pups. where's the profit in that?

That looks counterfeit to me. I just sent him an email pointing this out and asked him how he can assure customers that he is not selling fakes - my guess is he doesn't respond (which if he does not I will most certainly alert ebay). If you have the time, I'd suggest sending him, and others you are questioning, similar emails. It would be nice to, as a collective group, begin putting some pressure on these criminals. No, it won't stop the counterfeit business, but it might help to push some of them back under the rock from which they crawled out from under. [-X

That looks counterfeit to me. I just sent him an email pointing this out and asked him how he can assure customers that he is not selling fakes - my guess is he doesn't respond (which if he does not I will most certainly alert ebay). If you have the time' date=' I'd suggest sending him, and others you are questioning, similar emails. It would be nice to, as a collective group, begin putting some pressure on these criminals. No, it won't stop the counterfeit business, but it might help to push some of them back under the rock from which they crawled out from under. [-X

[/quote']

yeah!!!

The finish is wrong... but they cought up with the 2 screw TRC and the correct bridge/saddles...Did anyone notice that the TRC is "missing" but there are no screw holes? Maybe he chose not to install it as it had 3 screws... IDK.

Now looking at the ZW signature... hell I could build a better ZW knock off with my hands tied behind my back... and the pickups!!! why dont this guys even bother to look up the correct specs on the net is beyond me...

Can anyone send him a message? maybe asking if he can get like, 12 or 24 ZW sigs... lets see what he says... I tried to click on the "contact us" link but its not a link... just an image.

Buying from Guitar Center is NOT doing yourself a favor.

Better than getting ripped off with a fake?

Sure, but not much.

I would walk 100 miles to buy a guitar at an indie dealer before I gave those crooked ***-holes my cash.

Archived