Gibson Brands Forums

What A Sad Day!

Steven Tari

As most of y'all know that's been on the Gibson forum for a while. My wife and I are doing a lot of renavations to our house since we paid it off. Well today I found my first death in this moving things here and there. Some time in the near past, My inlayed12 string got something dropped on the case and busted my guitar. I don't know if i could rver find someone to fix it. Or just hang the beauty on the wall as a conversation piece and just buy a new one. So if it were you would put good money into a new 12 string of your choice or look for and pay more money into a broken guitar?

If you can bear it, post a pic - there's one or two experienced repair guys here (KSdaddy) that could give you a good opinion.

I'd agree with Dem00n . . . unless it was prohibitively expensive.

*edit> . Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I bought the guitar on ebay when the Chinese first started selling on there some years ago It is highly inlayed and that is why I bought it. What has happened is where the pegs are to hold the bottom of the strings( which is highly inlayed). It has split into 4 pieces along the pegs group top to bottom. Also it looks like the guitar has buckled in this same spot. I bought it for 300.00 plus another 100.00 to get it shipped here from there. So it's not a high dollar guitar.

7.jpgHere's a picture of the back. I can't get any picture's of the damage right now. AS son as I can I'll put them up.

..... So if it were you would put good money into

a new 12 string of your choice or look for and pay

more money into a broken guitar?

I look at your wording and it seems like your

mind is already made up toward a new one.

`

Wow - that's a lot of inlay on the back.

Waitin on the front pic.

th_8.jpg?t=1287196045th_9.jpg?t=1287196045m_746d0f71d5ec4a368de8c5166f18a6eb.jpg

Here's the other pictures you asked for. Can't get new one's right now to show the damage. It's where the peg's are. I guess I can live with out the two eagle heads on it.[crying]

I look at your wording and it seems like your

mind is already made up toward a new one.

`

I was Sorta/Kinda. But when I told my wife tonight as I was leaving for work, Let's just say maybe I should have told her in the morning. [cursing] I'm going to have it checked out Monday when I go pick up my 339 and Hummingbird, there being setup right now. I'll see what the damage is going to be getting it fixed.:unsure:

I asked my wife to read your answers and Thank You. On Wednesday our day off together she's going with me to pick up my two guitars and together were going to make up our mind's after talken to the guy who fix's them and decide either to fix it ( Hoppen it's not to expensive) or start looking for a new one. I hope we can get it fixed. I'll post again that night to tell you how it goes. BUT if it's a no go any suggestions on a nice 12 string? Do they make Hummingbird 12 strings any more? ( just thinken out loud.)

Archived