Gibson Brands Forums

Sound change

Silenced Fred

Right now, I'm gonna save up for a delay pedal, started playing around a lot with a lot of different sounds and adding a ton of delay for some riffs to really fill up the space.

Less gain for the most part, but when the overdrive is on... oh boy.

Trying to get away from chords and more on song structure using walking basslines instead.

Still have that strong blues influence but slowly moving more towards the spacier pseudo rock songs

Right now, I'm gonna save up for a delay pedal, started playing around a lot with a lot of different sounds and adding a ton of delay for some riffs to really fill up the space.

Less gain for the most part, but when the overdrive is on... oh boy.

Trying to get away from chords and more on song structure using walking basslines instead.

Still have that strong blues influence but slowly moving more towards the spacier pseudo rock songs

Are you meaning "sound reinforcement"?

Get you a good B3 player - that'll fix you up.

I like the DD-3, I don't mind that its not analog, it sounds really good, especially if you use it with overdrive from the amp or pedals, it tightens up the sound and evens out the gain so that it doesn't sound to harsh.

I like it mixed with reverb and a touch of chorus.

It gives a soaring lead tone that never ends!

I like the DD-3, I don't mind that its not analog, it sounds really good, especially if you use it with overdrive from the amp or pedals, it tightens up the sound and evens out the gain so that it doesn't sound to harsh.

Yours still works? I have yet to run into a DD-3 that does not have the ticking metronome bug; including mine.

When you run a Boss digital delay side by side with an analog delay the difference is night and day.

Yours still works? I have yet to run into a DD-3 that does not have the ticking metronome bug; including mine.

When you run a Boss digital delay side by side with an analog delay the difference is night and day.

I mostly stay away from Boss stuff, even though it is "The Industry Standard" according to my guitar center helpful advisor.

I am an MXR whore, and much prefer the Carbon Copy to any Boss delay

I am an MXR whore, and much prefer the Carbon Copy to any Boss delay

That's what I use: the Carbon Copy. It is more of an analog delay acting like a digital, but sounds good and has the modulation switch. The modulation switch plus the insanely good price I got on it was why I went with it over the Aqua-Puss; even though the Aqua-Puss had better tone.

The Maxon line is super delicious, but I could not justify spending $300 on delay.

That's what I use: the Carbon Copy. It is more of an analog delay acting like a digital, but sounds good and has the modulation switch. The modulation switch plus the insanely good price I got on it was why I went with it over the Aqua-Puss; even though the Aqua-Puss had better tone.

The Maxon line is super delicious, but I could not justify spending $300 on delay.

It seems like everyone is using the Carbon Copy these days. What exactly does the modulation switch do? I played on one in Guitar Center, but throughout the Hornets wasp of Line 6 overdrive (they should just make a setting called vevuzela) I couldn't really do too much testing. I had the money to drop on it then and there if I really liked it, but couldn't tell. So I wasn't gonna [-X

The modulation is supposed to simulate wow, flutter, and the wind down of analog tape. To my ears it sounds more like flange at times; at least when you use it for continuous note or chord selections. There are two trim pots inside the pedal where you can adjust the width and speed. Maybe that is the problem? The previous owner fiddled with them and I am not sure how to get them back to factory settings. I do think it would be better if the modulation just warped the last repeat instead of it being on a intervals of time.

The modulation is supposed to simulate wow, flutter, and the wind down of analog tape. To my ears it sounds more like flange at times; at least when you use it for continuous note or chord selections. There are two trim pots inside the pedal where you can adjust the width and speed. Maybe that is the problem? The previous owner fiddled with them and I am not sure how to get them back to factory settings. I do think it would be better if the modulation just warped the last repeat instead of it being on a intervals of time.

All of the factory settings I have seen from MXR are at 12 o clock on the knobs [biggrin]

I will have to try and go some afternoon when more kids are in school, show the guys at Guitar Center my cash and tell them I want to buy the pedal, but they need to shut up and let me try it out first.

Maybe that will work. sounds cool though

IMO, the only thing good about the MXR CC delay is it has a true mechanical bypass.... but who cares...

You can't run the damn thing through any FX-loop without causing head room issues with the amp.... I have one and it's collecting dust.

IMO, the only thing good about the MXR CC delay is it has a true mechanical bypass.... but who cares...

You can't run the damn thing through any FX-loop without causing head room issues with the amp.... I have one and it's collecting dust.

I'll send you my address for it, along with a card of thanks. Since you don't use it...

Oh.

It must have been a different Fred on some other forum.

Looked pretty strong to me.

Good on you, Duane.

There's a lot of Fred's fumbling around on forums these days [biggrin] .... Ya know behind my big gold shiny moderator badge, I'm actually a real person..... well for the most part that is [scared]

Come on Fred, you had some strong words for Duane not too long ago.

Now you're accepting free stuff from him?

Come correct.

I was pretty "irritated" I felt that the whole situation is/was unfair.

However, its the internet, I have vented, and its like an Olive Branch, only with electronics. [biggrin]

What ticking metronome bug?

I think it sounds fine, its not a overally major part of my sound although I do like having delay.

I wonder if a change from a Bad Monkey to a TS808 would be like day and night?

Archived