Gibson Brands Forums

New Pedal Day!

Silenced Fred

Bought a Russian Big Muff, sounds great. It's like a second "Channel 2" on my Sunn, but with a little different sound. Easily play with the tone knob to go from smooth to a nasty breakup.

I started playing my Strat again too, great neck, single humbucker pickup might get changed out

Lol it's amazing what influence your idols can have on you.

A while ago I kept telling you to get one but you didn't like them. Now you listen to some Black Keys and all the sudden they're cool.

Good on ya though. I hardly use mine anymore but I still dig it. The trick is keep the output high and the "sustain" not so high. I usually have the tone knob about 60-75% up.

Lol it's amazing what influence your idols can have on you.

A while ago I kept telling you to get one but you didn't like them. Now you listen to some Black Keys and all the sudden they're cool.

Good on ya though. I hardly use mine anymore but I still dig it. The trick is keep the output high and the "sustain" not so high. I usually have the tone knob about 60-75% up.

Not so much black keys, I never got to play on one before. Only experience was with the American version, and I didn't care for it

It kicks *** though

Bought a Russian Big Muff, sounds great. It's like a second "Channel 2" on my Sunn, but with a little different sound. Easily play with the tone knob to go from smooth to a nasty breakup.

I started playing my Strat again too, great neck, single humbucker pickup might get changed out

Post a clip or youtube. We would like to hear it!

The infamous green muff..

I definately prefer the Russian over the NY made one. The Russian is really fussy and I feel like I have to dial it in every time I use it even when the settings are the same as they were when it was sounding good before.

Mine has been heavily abused. I feel kinda bad about how poorly I've treated it. When I got it it was like $45 or $50.

But in my first "band" I was all about blasting my SG with gnarly Big Muff action. So I always like it because of that. My drummer from that band is a total metal head and he always loved the SG/ Muff combo. It sounds like Sabbath.

Teles sound really sweet in the Muff too.

I had the black Russian Muff a few years ago before the American one re-entered the fray. It rasped well (for those who like rasp).

I now have the American one which looks nicer and has more adjustments and, I believe, more gain ultimately.

But less rasp..... [crying]

:-({|=

I had the black Russian Muff a few years ago before the American one re-entered the fray. It rasped well (for those who like rasp).

I now have the American one which looks nicer and has more adjustments and, I believe, more gain ultimately.

But less rasp..... [crying]

:-({|=

The new ones have much more gain, but I like this one a lot, just adds that nice bit of dirt. Who knows? I might pick up an american one sometime, but I have a Swollen Pickle for that pounding super crazy stuff, which I love.

I'll work on posting a clip once my parents leave... Saturdays nobody in my neighborhood wakes up until like 11... I would get the cops called on me

Congrats! I like the Russian BM's for bass.

Archived