Gibson Brands Forums

captain kangaroo appreciation thread

Diego the guy

Did you watch the video I posted? Balls start raining down about half way in. btw when I was a kid the Mr. Moose was my favorite.

Yea, I Just saw that.... I missed that at first.. Great job, and great memories.....

Another great one was Mr Dressup, as well as The Friendly Giant, Which both were out of Canada...

I live near the Canada border...

Yea, I Just saw that.... I missed that at first.. Great job, and great memories.....

Another great one was Mr Dressup, as well as The Friendly Giant, Which both were out of Canada...

I live near the Canada border...

Me too! Lived just far enough North of Detroit that the Ontario stations came in a lot clearer. Yes, it was the days of TV antennas on your house. Also dug on the Polka Dot Door, Once Upon a Hamster, and a French import called Jeremy the Bear.

I remember that during the opening credits, the Captain was opening up the place. He used a big skeleton key on a big ring to unlock the doors. During this time the Capatain Kangaroo theme was playing. he'd then hang the keys on a nail in front of the counter where Mr. Moose lived behind. When he hung up the keys, the intro music would stop.

One time, after a new set had been freshly built and painted, The Captain followed his usual routine, then hung up the keys only to find out the nail wasn't there and the keys fell to the floor. The music continued. [omg] The music continued to play for what seemed like a half hour while the Captain found a nail and hammer to install a new nail whereupon he could finally hang up his keys. I fell off'n my 3 legged stool laughing. [lol]

Archived